Hide
3 Posts

Crimson Creek» Forums » Rules

Subject: Everybody Searches rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Wittwer
msg tools
Since you take UP TO two actions, and searching is not an exposure action. Couldn't everyone just search and not take a second action until everybody knew both clues?

Is there a rule that prevents this that I missed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogganbuck
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since you still draw attack cards at the end of each turn, an attack could happen as soon as the second or third turn. You might not even find a clue by that time. So, while possible, you still run the risk of being eliminated if you don't work toward finding the lair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

DilvishW wrote:
Since you take UP TO two actions, and searching is not an exposure action. Couldn't everyone just search and not take a second action until everybody knew both clues?

Is there a rule that prevents this that I missed?

Sure, you could do this! But if you do, you probably won't make it past the first Act! It depends on the number of players, I think. With more players, this strategy could work - for a while. But then making it through the 2nd Act would be very difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.