10 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: Village 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shakespeare William
msg tools
Hi all,

I am working on new village board for talisman (you can see the old ones from other editions on talisman island).
The idea is to enter through the village and go on a separate mini board for one turn or two...

So I nearly finished the board, like this:

So first of all, is my board clear (you easily see places and movement)? Final size will be 30cmX30cm board (more or less)
After that I now have to choose text for the places. Any idea ?

I don't want to add card for this mini-expansion, in my mind it has to be simple. But perhaps you can convince me that's not a good idea.

Finally , more generally, I am on a mood for creating multiple mini boards,do you think it's a good idea. These have to be used for a very long session.
Here is a prison for the corn of the city expansion derived from the excellent Prison_of_Al_Zahbar from Mr Philmore, you can see it nearly finished but in french:

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

Please consider that English is a foreign language for me and be nice about faults and quality of the vocabulary, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Replacing the City Prison space with a Prison mini-board is an interesting idea.

The Village artwork looks nice, but the black lines on the dark artwork are a bit hard to see. Maybe white lines would be better; also, I would use lines the whole way instead of relying on board artwork for some borders (like the river chasm at the bottom).

I'm looking forward to seeing what the spaced do in the Village.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakespeare William
msg tools
Hi

First of all thanks for your reply. I'll try with white line since tomorrow and share it.I am not sure to understand the second point... my poor english is too light... sorry.
For the prison I'll share cards asap too.

See u soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakespeare William
msg tools
So here are proposal for the board, let me know the simpliest/nicest in your mind please.

Places are:
A/Village entrance: Take an adventure card, if it is a place disccard it and then draw again.
B/Blacksmith : as in the village
C/Hostel: Pick the top follower from the discard pile for 2 gp or choose any for 3gp
D/Lord : Protect the village. Take 1gp as reward and launch a dice
1 You lose one life from a sudden attack
2-3 angry with the lord, lose one gp
4 fight an ork of strength 4
5 nothing happens
6 you find one more gp
E/Mystic tower as in the village
F/Hermit train yourself and draw a card from the discard pile, if it is an enemy you have a new trophy.
G/Antiquities: Take the last object or magic object card from any discard pile for 3 gp
H/Healer as in the village

Spaces B - E and H can be repleaced by any other due to fact you can still go the village space.

Thanks in advance for any reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I like the lower right one with white borders.

Where did you get the artwork? It looks great. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakespeare William
msg tools
It's a drawing made by hee-uk-jung on art station.
Thanks for the reply about places, it's my favorite too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
Text coming soon... probably...
badge
Get tipsy and fight a farmer with Strength 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Bottom right for me, but I'd make the arrows solid white instead of transparent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakespeare William
msg tools
OK, the bottom right version seems to be the one (and, what a luck !, that's m favorite too !)

So if you have any advise for the texts i'll take it.

I added one little rule: I can only make a turn in the village and you must go out.

Pending are places with same text as in the village. I mean this board is not cancelling the village location itself so is it a good idea to have the same places or not.

Finally if you are interested to make a translation i can provide the psd file (Format for gimp, a photoshop like in open source).

Let me know any advise, comment, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think that the arrows should be white instead of transparent, assuming this mini-board is like the City board and you can only move in the clockwise direction.

Since the Village space is still on the main board, maybe the blacksmith, mystic, and healer could be different on the mini-board.

Maybe one space could be the Marketplace, where you could buy things like a water bottle, axe, shield, mule, haversack, or greatsword. (assuming you have the Cataclysm expansion)

Maybe the Hermit space could be a connecting path to a space on the Woodlands expansion board.

Just some ideas. It looks great. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakespeare William
msg tools
So here is the village with white arrows. You were right it's better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.