Hide
3 Posts

Before I Kill You, Mister Spy...» Forums » General

Subject: Bombs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sarge Tate
msg tools
My wife played this years ago and loved it. We found a 3rd edition copy recently but she was disappointed that there were no bomb cards, making it not quite the game she remembered. The 2016 edition says that it's a return to "classic" rules, but considering there were 4 editions before the re-name, that's not very helpful. Does the new version contain bombs like the Better Edition or is it a throwback to one of the first 3 editions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ernest
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Sarge:

We simply didn't need the "bomb" mechanic in the new game. These rules aren't a throwback to any previous version (the only reversion to "classic" is to the original number of cards in the deck).

In previous editions, "bombs" were essentially attack cards of infinite size, which let players blow up entire lairs. That simply isn't necessary any more.

Rather than destroying an entire lair, you now have the ability to pick it apart one piece at a time, using spies of the appropriate size.

Lots more has changed, and I'm sorry that you will miss the bombs, but I think this is the best adaptation of the rules.

Hope you will agree!

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Brooks
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
After just buying and playing this game, I think I like the idea of bombing lairs. Our lairs just got huge right away, big enough to capture any spy at all.

We decided a better way to play was to take out one set of lairs (value 2,3,and 4) for each player lass than 6 playing. So a two player game only has one set, a 3 player game 2, etc. This made building and stealing lairs way more interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.