Subject: German Release rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
According to Heidelberger Spieleverlag's Facebook site, AHLCG's german release will be in the first quarter of 2017. Something about misinformation and taking time to make a higher quality game.
Guess this will be the first english version of a FFG game I'm getting.

German version:
Laut ihrer Facebook-Seite wird das AHLCG auf deutsch erst im ersten Quartal 2017 rauskommen. Irgendwas mit Fehlinformationen und dass sie qualitativ hochwertigere Fehlübersetzungen herausbringen wollen.
Wird wohl das erste FFG-Spiel sein, dass ich mir auf englisch hole.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
"qualitativ hochwertigere FEHLübersetzungen"???

I would guess that they might have heard about some upcoming errata, already, and want to incorporate them into their translations. Heidelberger usually does a good to stellar job regarding this. But in case of any and all mythos-related games, I have always gone for the original FFG version. Not because they are available earlier, but because I simply cannot stand their translation to some of the monsters and antagonists...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
"qualitativ hochwertigere FEHLübersetzungen"???

I would guess that they might have heard about some upcoming errata, already, and want to incorporate them into their translations. Heidelberger usually does a good to stellar job regarding this. But in case of any and all mythos-related games, I have always gone for the original FFG version. Not because they are available earlier, but because I simply cannot stand their translation to some of the monsters and antagonists...

Can you give some examples? I'm on the fence on this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Goetz
Germany
Ruesselsheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
this was to be my first german version. Just cancelled it friday... now I am hoping for the quick postal service from UK cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:

Can you give some examples? I'm on the fence on this...

never seen an error (don't play that much german stuff tho, so ymmv), but I remember a sketchy translation in imperial assault where heidelberger translated "cleave" with "rumdumschlug" - no, hitting an adjacent target is not a whirlwind. it's even worse coming from descent or MMOs.

and I'm not a fan of the smaller print they have to use to get some for the german text on cards (a german text is on average 30% longer than the same in english).

otoh the german version and it's packs are usually cheaper than the english ones - up to 25-30% each, which makes a big difference a few cycles and deluxe boxes in, and if you got a lot of fluff to read (out lout) it can be a pain in the butt even for people with good english; eldritch horror for example.

but then if it's not star wars delays aren't that unusual, so if you want stuff ASAP you pay for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you a lot for the insights!

More on this topic are certainly welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nyarly362 wrote:
this was to be my first german version. Just cancelled it friday... now I am hoping for the quick postal service from UK cry

My english copy has been sent out today from fantasywelt.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Germany
flag msg tools
Ahoy landlubber!
badge
ARRR!
mbmbmbmbmb
At Brettspielversand.de the delivery date is 31.03.2017, but at Fantasy-In it's 20.11.2016. So I guess we will know in 9 days if the earlier one is right or if we have to wait until 2017. I think 31.03.2017 seems really late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.