Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Fonollosa
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I recently found this game, and I'm in process of making a copy.

I have several rule questions:

1) When you become werewolf, the rulebook says: "Reset the Infection track to its original starting position and continue the game." Why? The infection track keeps going in spite of being a werewolf? What happens if reaches the last space again? Super-epic-werewolf and I eat all the village and win?

2) If I use the slayer power after revealing a werewolve, I resolve the turn like "no werewolf"? (so a person dies of my choice) (same question for the enchanter)

3) What happens if the Wolf-Child gets chosen during a werewolf attack? I have to randomly choose another villager, or nobody dies that round?

4) What does mean (in the leper card) that werewolves cannot attack next turn?

5) Can the Seer look the reverse of the werewolf that initiated the attack? Isn't that a little bit too op?

I hope game's creator see this post and answers me ^^ Thanks in advance! Your game looks promising
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Nettleton
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
darkfonix wrote:
Hi! I recently found this game, and I'm in process of making a copy.

I have several rule questions:

1) When you become werewolf, the rulebook says: "Reset the Infection track to its original starting position and continue the game." Why? The infection track keeps going in spite of being a werewolf? What happens if reaches the last space again? Super-epic-werewolf and I eat all the village and win?

2) If I use the slayer power after revealing a werewolve, I resolve the turn like "no werewolf"? (so a person dies of my choice) (same question for the enchanter)

3) What happens if the Wolf-Child gets chosen during a werewolf attack? I have to randomly choose another villager, or nobody dies that round?

4) What does mean (in the leper card) that werewolves cannot attack next turn?

5) Can the Seer look the reverse of the werewolf that initiated the attack? Isn't that a little bit too op?

I hope game's creator see this post and answers me ^^ Thanks in advance! Your game looks promising

Hi. Sorry to have taken so long. Somehow I missed your post until you GMed me. These are good questions and need to be clarified in my next version of the rules. Here's how I've been playing the cases you mentioned.

1. Theoretically, you would add another Werewolf/Peasant token each time you reached the end of the infection track. In practice, the game tends to end almost immediately once the first additional werewolf is introduced.

2. Both the Slayer and Enchanter power work the same, but with differing price points. In each case, the Infection track is not triggered, and No token is removed from play.

3. With the Wolf Child, the Infection token is advanced, but no token is removed from play.

4. If the Leper is killed by a Werewolf, then in the next round, the Venture phase ends if a Werewolf token is drawn. The Infection track is advanced, but no token is removed from play.

5. The Seer can look at the reverse face of a Werewolf token. It is, indeed, a very powerful token, which is why it is so costly to activate. Also, if the Seer is turned up and you keep drawing until you find a Werewolf, you are putting the Seer token at risk of being the token destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fonollosa
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answers! Yes, I also thing that it's interesting to add a FAQ in the rulebook, that questions didn't let me keep playing
This night I'll start to work in the definitive P&P version of the game, and I hope to start playing again soon.

Thanks for the answers, and for the game! arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.