$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 132.63

7,770 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Ravingspire» Forums » General

Subject: Someone Please Translate for Me... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All the cards having the same back is perplexing, to put it kindly.

Tell me if I have this right...

Starter Cards: 1 fight, 2 fight, 1 skill, 2 skill, 1 charm, 2 charm. That's it?

The rule book says there are 7 types of cards:

Foe, Hero, Sealed Spire, Loot, Encounter, Starter and Tower.

Which ones go to which of the following?

Encounter Deck
Loot Deck
Tower Deck
Explore Card
Battle Deck
Dungeon Slot


It would have REALLY helped if the cards have unique backs for their purpose and/or the naming convention of the cards was consistent.

I've halted even organizing and sorting as the cards make zero sense.

To make it worse the expansion cards look totally different. Do they get incorporated into the above decks or are they kept segregated for special use?



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Baumgarten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
All the cards having the same back is perplexing, to put it kindly.

Tell me if I have this right...

Starter Cards: 1 fight, 2 fight, 1 skill, 2 skill, 1 charm, 2 charm. That's it?

The rule book says there are 7 types of cards:

Foe, Hero, Sealed Spire, Loot, Encounter, Starter and Tower.

Which ones go to which of the following?

Encounter Deck
Loot Deck
Tower Deck
Explore Card
Battle Deck
Dungeon Slot


It would have REALLY helped if the cards have unique backs for their purpose and/or the naming convention of the cards was consistent.

I've halted even organizing and sorting as the cards make zero sense.

To make it worse the expansion cards look totally different. Do they get incorporated into the above decks or are they kept segregated for special use?


Encounter deck gets Encounter cards
Loot Deck gets Loot cards
Tower Deck gets Tower cards
Battle Deck begins the game with your hero's starter cards, and will gain encounter and loot cards as the game goes on.
The Dungeon slot on your hero battlemat can only contain a dungeon card or an adventurer normally.
I believe the explore card is simply the card you normally draw each turn from the top of the encounter deck.
Foe cards have a home on the Foe battlemat.
Sealed Spire cards live in or near the game box until someone enters the spire, then one gets selected at random to be opened and used for that game.

The encounter, loot, and starter cards need to have the same backs because they can all end up in your battle deck. If they had different backs, you could tell what was coming up, and could thus unfairly plan ahead. Tower cards have their own back, and hero, foe, and spire cards are all a completely different size than the other cards.

The expansion cards go into the appropriate decks to match their base game types as described above.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Darlage
United States
Columbus
Indiana
flag msg tools
These pretzels are making me thirsty
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
All the cards having the same back is perplexing, to put it kindly.

Tell me if I have this right...

Starter Cards: 1 fight, 2 fight, 1 skill, 2 skill, 1 charm, 2 charm. That's it?

The rule book says there are 7 types of cards:

Foe, Hero, Sealed Spire, Loot, Encounter, Starter and Tower.

Which ones go to which of the following?

Encounter Deck
Loot Deck
Tower Deck
Explore Card
Battle Deck
Dungeon Slot


It would have REALLY helped if the cards have unique backs for their purpose and/or the naming convention of the cards was consistent.

I've halted even organizing and sorting as the cards make zero sense.

To make it worse the expansion cards look totally different. Do they get incorporated into the above decks or are they kept segregated for special use?




Starter cards: Yes, those are the starter cards.

You tell most of them apart from their front side.

Encounter Deck: All have the Battle Matrix on the front. Also includes the Chaos cards.

Loot Deck: All have a Treasure Chest on the front.

Tower Deck: All have a Tower on the front.

Explore Cards: These are the Encounter cards that are placed on the different levels of the tower.

Battle Deck: That is your deck. It will have your starter cards, any Loot cards you have earned, and any cards you have purchased from the different levels of the tower.

Dungeon Slot: Where any Dungeon cards you purchase from the different levels can be placed.

The rule book is not very good. Your best option is to go to http://vorpalchainswordgames.com/tome-of-ravingspire.html and watch their tutorial videos.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RustyBaker wrote:

Sealed Spire cards live in or near the game box until someone enters the spire, then one gets selected at random to be opened and used for that game.


Are these 1 time use??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Abel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This was a little confusing to me as well, at first. The card backs are all the same because it is a deck builder, among other things.
Each card does have a "title" on the face side, divide them up using their title.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Abel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
RustyBaker wrote:

Sealed Spire cards live in or near the game box until someone enters the spire, then one gets selected at random to be opened and used for that game.


Are these 1 time use??


Of a sort, yes. Once they've all been used shuffle them up...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.