30% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

"You have to have the humility to recognize you are a citizen and you go back to being a citizen after it's over" - Obama speaking on the end of his terms as president.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
modest 'moi' WERE "nekkid" and "writing then", and often 'adorned' with either "Avocado Goggles" or 'MASK' with perhaps BOTH! Them 'Mermaids' ain'ts gonna "spot themselves!" whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank F
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
IF YOU WANT IT
badge
Please investigate a resource based economy.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Get money out" and "follow the science"? Sounds like someone is advocating for a resource based economy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRider wrote:
"Get money out" and "follow the science"? Sounds like someone is advocating for a resource based economy.

No, whatever his faults, Obama is at least sane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

A good scientist should provide proof.

For example, was the Iran deal sane?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
sikeospi wrote:
Quote:

A good scientist should provide proof.

For example, was the Iran deal sane?

The one where Reagan gave Iran missiles in exchange to fund his illegal war against Nicaragua?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Obama appears more likable next to Bill Maher, I'll give him that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
Obama appears more likable next to Bill Maher, I'll give him that.

Comedians aren't in it for the "like". There in it to make a statement and voice their views.

That isn't to say that some people need to like someone in order for their words to get through, but great comedians don't give a fuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides Bill Maher I might disagree with at times but he doesn't come across as unlikable to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
GROGnads wrote:
modest 'moi' WERE "nekkid" and "writing then", and often 'adorned' with either "Avocado Goggles" or 'MASK' with perhaps BOTH! Them 'Mermaids' ain'ts gonna "spot themselves!" whistle

Whatever it is you're smoking, Grog, I want some!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an interesting note on the power of passion and prejudice to invoke strong illogical emotional impulses.

So at this point my contempt for Bill Maher is so bone deep and intense it can inspire a prejudiced emotional response in me that is passionate to the point of irrational. So even though I didn't even watch that clip just the fact that Obama (who supports Hillary) would at this point in the election cycle would do an interview with Bill Maher is so deeply offensive to me that for the first time EVER I felt an impulse to vote for Trump tomorrow. I quashed it immediately of course. I am not a slave to my irrational emotional responses. But for weeks I have been wondering who the Democrats could run who I would find even more repulsive than I find Trump and this thread pointed me toward the answer. Somebody as self righteous, obnoxious and contemptuous of others as Bill Maher who was also a politician would be even worse than Trump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
Meerkat wrote:
Just an interesting note on the power of passion and prejudice to invoke strong illogical emotional impulses.

So at this point my contempt for Bill Maher is so bone deep and intense it can inspire a prejudiced emotional response in me that is passionate to the point of irrational. So even though I didn't even watch that clip just the fact that Obama (who supports Hillary) would at this point in the election cycle would do an interview with Bill Maher is so deeply offensive to me that for the first time EVER I felt an impulse to vote for Trump tomorrow. I quashed it immediately of course. I am not a slave to my irrational emotional responses. But for weeks I have been wondering who the Democrats could run who I would find even more repulsive than I find Trump and this thread pointed me toward the answer. Somebody as self righteous, obnoxious and contemptuous of others as Bill Maher who was also a politician would be even worse than Trump.

Seriously, don't hold back, tell us how you feel

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
Meerkat wrote:

Seriously, don't hold back, tell us how you feel

laugh

I am the TMI Empress after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Meerkat wrote:

I can't stand Bill Maher either. It's to the point that I want to rake nails down his face when I hear his whiney patronizing voice pontificating about some BS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Meerkat wrote:

I can't stand Bill Maher either. It's to the point that I want to rake nails down his face when I hear his whiney patronizing voice pontificating about some BS.

I've posted in the past that Maher was painfully smug and expressed dislike for him. He's shed a lot of it for the last two shows and for the interview (where he's serious and respectful). Mahers's clearly scared and extremely concerned about a trump win and has dropped a lot of the shtick. I imagine it will be back the second Clinton wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hamzy
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Ace race, baby!
badge
I, for one, welcome your mouse pointer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:

Maher has been trying to get President Obama on his show for eight years now. They even got a petition signed. So I found the timing to be not so offensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.