Hide
4 Posts

Trick of the Rails» Forums » General

Subject: Workaround for lack of divider and tight box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christy Love
msg tools
Apparently the publishers felt it was more important to include a useless pencil (pic1) instead of a functional insert. Easy fix but one I should not have had to do since it was a bad judgement call of the publisher

To fix this, I cut a small piece of foam core (pic2) and glued it to the insert to serve as a divider (pic3).

Next, I addressed the issue of the tight fitting box by just using a small piece of blue painters tape (so it would not damage if I chose to get rid of in the future). I taped it to the inside of the box and made it long enough to fold it down to use as a pull tab (pic4). Now, I can gently pull the box top while holding onto the blue pull tab.

pic1-

pic2-

pic3-

pic4-
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Nice blue tape trick. I'm frustrated with this "no room for fingers" small box packaging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My workaround was throwing away the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
That is what makes the world an interesting place. There is always more than one approach to a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.