Vinhos Deluxe Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Madeira island setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Walker
msg tools
Hello,

I'd like to be clear on the following:

1- You do place 4 tourist meeples on Madeira island, as depicted in the picture provided?

2- For setup, using the tourist expansion, it says to place tourist meeples equal to the number of cellars usen, even if Madeira is used. So I'm confused with the wording, does this mean, for a 2p game, that a total of 8 meeples are used (4 on Madeira island and 4 placed beside the board) or 12 meeples (4 for Madeira island + 8 for cellars used)?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
In two players games, the max number possible of tourists you can use is 10.
One per estate. With Madeira, 4 of those must come from the Island. You use 8 Tourists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
msg tools
But the setup rules say tourists are equal to the number of cellars (2p is 8 cellars, 3p is 10 cellars); so that would be 8 tourists in the available pool?

Do I add +4 to Madeira island for a total of 12, or will it be 4 on Madeira and 4 in the pool?

Thanks Vital, I don't mean to make you repeat, I'm playing my first game and am very excited about it, and want to play it right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
For your first game, I would say to keep the expansions away.

The tourists from Madeira count for the total number of tourists in the game. So you use 8. 4 +4 from Madeira. Those on madeira are placed on the island. And you have only 4 available to hire using the quadrel action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
msg tools
Thanks Vital, that answers my question!

I do have a question on the other island, Açores:

Once a wine tile reaches the 3 spot of the Açores warehourse, is the free export action mandatory to take a this point?

Or can I decide not to sell it, because it is not part of my strategy at that point, and would rather use it for something else during next turn? I know it's a one-time only action, so using it wisely seems like an optimal decision.

I would assume the same would apply if I cannot export it because there is no available slot that corresponds with the value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.