Hide
5 Posts

Terraforming Mars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fulfiled global requirement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Istvan Fazakas
msg tools
What about when temp. Is already raised and i keep producing heat.What to do with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
warlord76 wrote:
What about when temp. Is already raised and i keep producing heat.What to do with that?

IT is worthless unless you have some other use for it, such as Helion allowing you to use it instead of MC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmb
Or fund the Thermalist award and try to be the one with most heat in the end!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Waters
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
warlord76 wrote:

If they come up. You could use: INSULATION cost 2 (Decrease your heat production any number of steps and Increase your M€ production the number of steps.) Or,
CARETAKER CONTRACT (Action: Spend 8 heat to increase your terraform rating 1 step.) Requires 0 degrees or warmer.
If any of these cards come up just make sure you retain them if you have an overactive Energy/Heat system earlier in the game.

Hope this helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
petegeo wrote:
If they come up. You could use: INSULATION cost 2 (Decrease your heat production any number of steps and Increase your M€ production the number of steps.) Or,
CARETAKER CONTRACT (Action: Spend 8 heat to increase your terraform rating 1 step.) Requires 0 degrees or warmer.

Also: Local Heat Trapping - event; spend 5 heat resources to either gain 4 plants or 2 animal resources on another card.
(One player used this tonight for his Predators, which I found quite cool thematically.)

If you're producing tons of heat, funding the Thermalist award is often the best option to get the most value out of it beyond temp increases. Just make sure you're not overtaken tho, and bear in mind that even if you win, at least one other player gets 2 VP for free - but that is true for any award.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.