Subject: Artillery ricochet path rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when a ricochet from artillery fire passes down a hexside and there are enemy units in the hexes on both sides of the hexside? Do they both suffer a fire attack at the appropriate range as if the artillery volley had passed through their hex? And if so, would the same be true for there only being one unit on one side of the hexside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
LOL.. stop the madness!!!!
Great question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Borchers
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The QBII rules don't handle this, but the Regs XXX do. Both hexes would be attacked with half of the artillery's firepower corresponding to that range. If only one of the two hexes was occupied, that it would be attacked with half of the artillery strength.

I recall machine guns in ASL doing the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scipio O.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_peabody wrote:
The QBII rules don't handle this

I would interpret the Ricochet rule to get to that same result via the LOS rule in 13.1B: half of the artillery strength.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the replies, that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cillmhor wrote:
What happens when a ricochet from artillery fire passes down a hexside and there are enemy units in the hexes on both sides of the hexside? Do they both suffer a fire attack at the appropriate range as if the artillery volley had passed through their hex? And if so, would the same be true for there only being one unit on one side of the hexside?

Each hexes occupants pull out a powerful negative polarity magnet,
in an attempt to push the cannonball into the others hex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Wimble
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can dice it off too. Odd it all hits one hex, even it bounces through the other. That's how ambiguities used to be handled. In that case a unit can skate without being hit at all if the other hex is empty... c'est la guerre. You can apply it like a blanket rule of thumb since other instances will surely occur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a good way to handle this, I think I'll use that the next time I get one of these ricochets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Wimble
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
...or ambiguities in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.