Popular Tags: [View All]
Bertrand Guillou-Keredan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
RIP Mr. Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
I am confused about these 3 Fortifications counters because i read nothing about in the rules.
For example "Atlantic Wall" : There is no specific rules and we have to consider that is just a Fort counter who add defense on the Land area where it is stationed ? (even with enemy attacking from a Land Area ?)
And the same is for "West Wall" & "Eagle's Nest" ?

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,

A FORT is a land unit (see Unit Types chart on the map) that may never move (see 5.2) or attack (see 5.3). There are also special notes about what happens to a FORT if its side is forced to retreat in a Ground Attack (see 6.6) and how they are placed when built (see 7.8). Other than those details, a FORT is just another land unit.

Hope that helps,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Guillou-Keredan
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
RIP Mr. Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
So if i understood : apart "Maginot Line", there is no correlation between name and effect.

Thank for the quick reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Bertrand,

Yes that is correct in general in the game. Unit names are for "decoration" only.

That said, the Maginot Line is an unusual unit in that (a) it starts on the map in a specific location and (b) once destroyed cannot be rebuilt.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.