Subject: Just got this rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark monk
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Managed to get mint condition copy for £45. Wanted it for a while. 2 things

1. Was it worth it? I do like deck builders (legendary)
2. Are any expansions whatsoever available?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Sada
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo León
flag msg tools
Hey! Had to hover didnt you?
badge
mbmbmbmb
I believe it's quite a snatch TBH.
The game is Out of Print so getting the expansions could be difficult without scalpers.
Many people consider the Worlds Collide Stand Alone set to be the best.
I couldn't stand the simple theme of Dominion so I inclined towards Thunderstone's theme and art.
Recently I received another deckbuilder called Draconis Invasion , streamlined gameplay with some depth and medieval fantasy superb artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico Amaral
Canada
Cole Harbour
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunderstone 3.0 is coming out in 2017 so there should be expansions on the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rico Nez wrote:
Thunderstone 3.0 is coming out in 2017 so there should be expansions on the way.

3.0 is going to be it's own thing, not compatible with any previous sets. So expansions for Thunderstone Advance are not on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hoche
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy Thunderstone Advance and it is best played with the Epic variant rules. I have one expansion Caverns of Bane, it is very good addition but not critical to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mark,

Most definitely worth it. I played my copy solitaire many, many times. Never got any expansions, as I've found the base game provide plenty of variety. Also, AEG has an app which will allow you to create more set ups beyond the 4 in the playbook that are supposedly balanced, as opposed to using the randomizer cards and wondering if you get a balanced set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.