GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 70.52

4,883 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
30.8% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Ralph Meleti
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Can someone help interpret the rules for Exploration cards?

1) When the game starts, there is a already an exploration card active.
2) The rules say that you can't explore an exit, when there is an active exploration card
3) The starting default and some other exploration cards, don't have a "deactivate" condition.

The question is what really defines when you can or cannot explore through a doorway?

Following by what the rules seem to say, there's no way deactivate some of the exploration cards, and as they can become deactive, there's no way to progress by exploring a new doorway...

The rules also don't seem to clarify, when a new a exploration card is drawn, does the previous exploration card get discarded or do they stay in play indefinitely until an effect says they become discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a little bit since I played the POD's but if I recall each exploration card lists the condition to remove it on the card itself. Either you complete the top half or the bottom half "timer" goes off. Then it says some like "remove this card".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of years ago I did a session report on a POD when they were called Game Night Kit. It's got tons of pictures including one of an exploration card. Indeed the exploration card itself instructs when to remove it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.