Subject: Marvel Mini Expansion: Daredevil rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
My Usual Intro...
Inspired by the original custom ideas of Stu Anderson (andjosh05 https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1056972/marvel-expansion-av) and others in the variant section. I decided to add-on to the Marvel characters with character specific theme mini expansions instead of trying to make big boxed sets.

This is for entertainment purposes only. Not to be sold. All art work and characters belong to Marvel comics and the respective creators.

Like almost all comic book readers I watch the Marvel shows on Netflix and was inspired to make a mini expansion. Daredevil is the first set of the Netflix series of hero but the rest are coming really soon.

Full Disclosure: These set and these cards are based off of the Marvel Legendary Cards. They have been slightly altered to work in this game.

I couldn't wait to do Daredevil because he can team with Batman. One of the team ups I have always wanted to play since I was a young lad reading comics.

The Superhero card, Man Without Fear, Enhanced Senses and Traveling Across the Rooftops are all converted and/or modeled after their Marvel Legendary counter parts. Kingpin of Hell's Kitchen is modeled after the same power scheme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wise
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daredevil has 10 power first turn?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
How is a Daredevil set complete without some of his best frenemies? The Punisher are converted and/or modeled after their Marvel Legendary cards

Electra plays like a Super-Villain. Her Superhero buys low cost heroes and destroys them for VP tokens. Thematically this represents her being an assassin for hire. The ability to buy extra Power with your VP tokens represents her from Electra Assassin where she demonstrated more powers than ever before. Her Hero card represents her individualistic nature and duality in her loyalty. She is both hero and villain when it comes to gain benefits of playing an additional card of that type.

The Punisher Superhero card is about revealing cards from the top of the deck (detective work) and gaining bonuses for Villains revealed. His Hero card and Equipment card are both based off the "reveal the top of your deck" mechanic but different end results. The picture on his Superhero card is awesome and makes me want to go against him as a hero (no more killing) or a villain (he killed my friends).

Since both Electra and the Punisher have been adversaries of DD so they work having a Superhero cards you can fight against.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
CodeAndReload wrote:
Daredevil has 10 power first turn?!

Good catch. Its been changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Mastery of the Law is a card that made with the Millionaire Card from the Rivals set in mind. Its main use is to slow down the villains and super-villains (like an attorney timing them up in the legal system) but it cost money in the form of VP tokens that were brought in the game through the villain's set, Forever Evil. If you don't have that set, no worries. It's not crucial to playing the Devil of Hell's Kitchen.

The tokens mentioned on the card (Frozen and Ensnare), one being made in the Forever Evil set and the other is a custom token. Frozen tokens were made to represent freeze powers. The Ensnare token was made to represent netting or webbing or glue or other devices that is used to slow down a person. The way they both function they can represent the Legal process and how they slow down other characters. How do you get VP tokens from the Hero cards? If when you see page 2 and beyond...you will understand how.

I created both the Overrun and Ensnare tokens on the Anthropomorphic set which were the obscure characters like Lobo the Duck or that have teamed with Howard the Duck. Overrun tokens are made to represent a character that is surrounded by minions and/or clones without putting a bunch of Horde or low cost duplicate cards in the deck.

You can check out how the Overrun tokens were used with Squirrel Girl and the Ensnare token was used with the Amazing Spider-ham.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1571915/marvel-mini-expansi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.