6,309 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
39.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Jonah P.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I encountered a very interesting scenario earlier this evening playing SMOG.
The player controlling the shadow master completely ran out of money and ended his turn on one of the artifact tiles. He was blocked by a fog barrier because he could not pay a coin to cross. He basically skipped his next turn because he had no cards, no money, and no one rotated the tile with the fog barrier. Can this really happen in a game?? And if so, I feel this could be very problematic in a 2 player game. Thoughts???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rush
msg tools
You can also spend an ether to cross. If you have no coins and no ether, and you put yourself in that position you more or less deserve to be stuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah P.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh okay I didn't know that rule. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krushhhhh wrote:
You can also spend an ether to cross. If you have no coins and no ether, and you put yourself in that position you more or less deserve to be stuck.

Pretty much this. Also, good for the other players to maneuver them into this situation. Losing turns that way in this game REALLY hurts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.