Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was honestly baffled by this one. There's a bunch of spawn points behind the heroes and almost nothing at the target. Each round, my first priority was getting those two spawn points clear so that I could spawn more guys by the shipment. Most of the rest of the round was spent trying to do something useful with the guys in back, but the heroes just ignored them, because they could all move way faster than my minions could.

Then there was Alopex, who was almost useless. 3 of her 4 cards only allow her to make a bunch of 2-dice attacks against heroes that were usually sporting 4-6 defense dice. I think Hobs was the only one who was hurting anybody.

In the end, we had a post-mortem, and everyone essentially felt like the only viable strategy was to have Hob and Alopex stand in the the chokepoint between boards for as long as possible. That might have given the ninjas more time to come from behind. Did anyone have better luck with the villains in this scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg P
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
mb
This mission was incredibly close for my group. The turtles only managed to destroy the shipment in the final round. You should focus on 3 things, having a bunch of units near the shipment, slowing the heroes down and maybe KOing one of the heroes (to slow them down).

The units behind the heroes are only relevant first few rounds. They can either slow down the heroes, or chip away some health.
Alopex mobility means she can attack almost anyone on the board. This is mostly useful early on for chip damage.

Using Hob and Alopex to block a chokepoint is very powerful. I felt the strategy was too cheesy so I didn't use it. Keep in mind it can be countered by leap abilities and you'll have to spend a few rounds moving hobs in position.

The foot ninja's numerous ability is key here. Only use focus to spawn foot or on shipment defense rolls. Many of my actions were desperation activations to move spawned foot ninjas next to the shipment.
Consider having units crouch when possible to gain defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Troutman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
This was close for my group too. They won on Round 4 of 5 after knocking out Hob. The villain will wanna prioritize keeping the four-square chokepoint filled as much as possible to prevent movement into 4B. If that little section is filled with figures, very few heroes can sneak past (Leo can leap, Donnie can fling someone else). The spawning units in the lobby are indeed not very useful, so always keep the two spawn tiles in 4B clear if possible, so you can continue to spawn units to boost the crate's defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two tiny groups of goons at the beginning can be some quality road bumps. We played this last night and playing blind, the heroes got some quality plays. Won on the first turn of Round 3.

Have the two Bruisers move up to try to establish a bottleneck while the two gunners retreat can be useful. I feel like there are not enough spawn points to make spawning more foot by paying focus worthwhile. Most definitely what you're trying to do is create a wall of bodies through which they cannot pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bad guys won this one on our group, we almost destroyed the crates though and it was fantastically tense.

Thugs/Aloplex/Old Hob clogged the two choke points while guys came in from behind slowing us down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. So it really is all about the choke points. I'll definitely play it differently next time. My strategy was to have a lot of guys around the shipment, but I think once heroes start attacking the shipment, the villain has lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul H
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Why aren't you at your post?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This one ended in three rounds, but really round two was the end of the match.

Round 1, Casey skated up and blew up one of the cameras and positioned himself at the edge of the second room activating the other camera. Other turtles moved up and Raph blew up two of the other cameras. Donnie took out the last camera and moved next to Casey. Splinter hung back and dealt with a couple ninjas and the brawlers at the desk.

Round 2, Donnie flung Casey over the ninjas. Casey moved up to the boxes and then had 8 melee dice (two double attacks, a single attack, Goongala). Rolled well, did 9 damage (Villain left the crate undefended not expecting such an assault on turn two.

Round 3, the villains regrouped and held of most of the attacks, but sure enough it only took one hit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Hendon

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmb
This mission was a lot of fun for us. I think it went almost four rounds. The cameras slowed my group down because they did not want more foot. About three rounds in, I did inform them that, no matter how many foot I had in my pool, I still only have six spawn spaces, so it may be worth being seen to get to the shipment before time ran out. We had some skirmishes, a villain KO and they did manage to destroy the shipment. They definitely felt the urgency though. If anything, the win description seemed a little bland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.