Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When places cards on "either end," if you choose the left end, and no other cards have been placed there yet, is the new card going to be placed to th left of the station, or to th right of it?

Based mainly on the card design (that shows the track running fully left to right) I'm assuming it would be to the left of the station, but there's a little part of me wondering if since the game started with the station all the way to the left if it was intended to stay all the way to the left.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schaffer
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Discover Fun Together
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadoglare wrote:
When places cards on "either end," if you choose the left end, and no other cards have been placed there yet, is the new card going to be placed to th left of the station, or to th right of it?

Based mainly on the card design (that shows the track running fully left to right) I'm assuming it would be to the left of the station, but there's a little part of me wondering if since the game started with the station all the way to the left if it was intended to stay all the way to the left.

Thanks!

Hi Steve

When laying track, cards may be added to the left or to the right of the existing railway. To answer your question specifically, if no card has been added to the left of a starting station yet, then yes you may choose to add your card to the left of the starting station extending the railway to the left. The example scoring diagram shows a card to the left of the starting station as well.

Let me know if you still have questions, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Follow-up: Locomotives are placed on the left end of a line. Does this prevent future rails from being laid in that direction?

EDIT: Oops, I see this has been answered here (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1666960/burying-cards-l...), though it'd be nice to get confirmation from the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.