$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
47.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trumpers goes out on top, delivering one last tug on the Neo-Nazi's flaccid noodle (for ole' times), via this anti-Semitic closing ad.

Yeah, this guy is so worthy of your vote.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-rolls-out-anti-sem...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
laugh

O'Reilly has been off his rocker for years.

Yellen is a Jew? Soros? I think he is Hungarian, but Jewish? Really?

Plus a guy no one knows, but is a banker of some sort?

Yellen inserts herself into politics. She is a fair target. Soros? 'Nuff said.

Edit: I've now watched the add. (I read the story first)

Just watch it before commenting.

It's a great ad. Very well produced, very positive view of the future, nothing a rational person would equate with antisemitism, and he sounds like Bernie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
Clutching. At. Straws.

Maybe, just maybe the Fed Chairman, the CEO of Goldman Sachs, and the Democrats' best-known (if not quite biggest) donor are important because of where they are and not where they came from. I know. That ruins the narrative, but there it is.

If you don't believe in the international character of the banking and currency system, consider that former Goldman Sachs executives now occupy positions as President of the European Central Bank, Governor of the Bank of England, and Prime Minister of Australia. They've also provided two former Governors of the Bank of Canada and two former U.S. Secretaries of the Treasury. It's a club. It's also the bigger part of the "entrenched interests" Trump has been wailing about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meh. TRump's antisemetic ways are pretty well known, this ad doesn't really add to it. Heck one of the other recent threads here highlights his bizzarre obsession with John Stewart's name, or you could roll with him wanting guys with 'little hats' counting his money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pustilnik
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be an effective ad. It's hard for me to tell, because Trump is the biggest liar in the history of American politics (even worse than Nixon), so I don't take anything he says seriously. His promises to help the common people are lies. He has spent his life swindling common people for his own personal gain. This isn't going to change when he becomes the president.

The only policy proposal of his that I like is to scrap the common core. All his other proposals, from building a wall to scrapping trade deals to working with Putin to crudely threatening to withdraw from NATO are awful.

However, this is simply not an anti-Semitic ad. He didn't mention "Jew" or "Jewish" even once, and he didn't show a star of David.

This ad is targeted to motivate his base to get out and vote. It is not targeted at those with college degrees. The average voter leaning towards Trump is not going to know that some of the people shown in the ad are Jewish.

Trump may be the worst major party candidate for president in the history of the country, but he is not an anti-Semite, and this is not an anti-Semitic ad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
This demonstration is not authorized and is in clear violation of Mall of America policy.
badge
Those who continue to demonstrate will be subject to arrest.
mbmb
MikePustilnik wrote:
The average voter leaning towards Trump is not going to know that some of the people shown in the ad are Jewish.

That's how dog whistles work. You're supposed to arrange that the average voter doesn't see anything amiss, but the anti-Semites who rage against a global Jewish conspiracy see you as an ally. Does that seem like a reasonable way to understand this? I agree, the point of the ad isn't to proclaim anti-Semitism to everyone. As I would use the term, though, dog-whistling anti-Semitism is also anti-Semitism. If you would prefer to reserve that term for behavior which introduces anti-Semitism to people who didn't already accept it, I respect that. But you can see why I would see dog whistles as still seriously problematic, right?

Put it another way: imagine you've visited a neo-Nazi website commenting on this ad. What do you think their view of it would be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I strongly agree with Rinelk's post.

He nailed it.

Trump has right wing extremists running his campaign.

Let me give you an example. If he said, "We must secure the existence of our people" that would be interpreted by many as talking about u.s. citizens right?

But alt right and white supremacists would recognize it as shorthand for the 14 worlds slogan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.