Subject: 2 rules question, cards shuffled? Car-set? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin J.

Duesseldorf
msg tools
Hi,

1. Question about card shuffle
If no equipment cards left, do i have to shuffle the discard pile or are the cards out of game?
I can't find any hint in the rule book and maybe someone allready asked queen games.

2. Question about car-set
How you count the points?

For example.
There are 3 different vehicles.
Each of them has 4 parts to collect.
Now, how you count the points.
There are the SET-Points for the same vehicle, or the PART-points for different vehicles. (In my opinion you count top and bottom points, but in the rulebook it is different described)

How you can get the 7 points from the part-points if you have different vehicles (bottom listed points). You can't get 7 points. Allways you have to count the set then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Pawlowski
Germany
Datteln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

According to the rules the equipment cards are not 'discarded', they're placed at the bottom of the draw deck. So there's actually no need for reshuffling.

No final word on the 2nd question, but according to the German rules it should be 'or'.

Best,

Mario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Werve
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 2.

As i read it, You count the vehicle points as long as the set has 1 vehicle with different parts. You count the parts points when you collect different vehicles with different parts.

In the 2nd situation you cant get the 7 points: There are only 3 diferent vehicles, But you still count the part points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mario has it correct. In general, cards are placed at the bottom of the deck. There are some exceptions (one building specifically tells you to place a discarded card back into the box, for example). There are also buildings that will specifically tell you to shuffle the deck.

And Robert's explanation of the vehicle sets is correct. You use each vehicle card to score in one of two ways. First, you group all vehicle parts from the same vehicle together and score those. Then score the parts that are remaining from different vehicles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Werve
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx. I think the rules are quite clear. Which is a good thing because i will demo it next weekend for Queen Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oxyligen wrote:
Thx. I think the rules are quite clear. Which is a good thing because i will demo it next weekend for Queen Games

That's great, Robert. Where will you be demoing it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Werve
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skirmish_Tactics wrote:
Oxyligen wrote:

That's great, Robert. Where will you be demoing it?

@ Spellenspektakel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jan kramer
Netherlands
Urk
Flevoland
flag msg tools
mbmb
LogansRun wrote:

How you can get the 7 points from the part-points if you have different vehicles (bottom listed points). You can't get 7 points. Allways you have to count the set then.

I believe if you have 4 parts and 2 cards have to match-up but the others are both from different vehicles you may chose to take 7 points in stead of 6 points 2+4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Houlès Vianney
France
Montpellier
France
flag msg tools
LogansRun wrote:

1. Question about card shuffle
If no equipment cards left, do i have to shuffle the discard pile or are the cards out of game?

Same kind of question: did it happen to you that no card remained in the pile before the end of the game?
I saw no limit to the number of cards that we can get. Of course, we can apply the simple rule "when there are no card left, there are no card left" but since that happened at my first game, I suspect that I missed something.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin J.

Duesseldorf
msg tools
vhache,

I can tell you about our game experince.
We played it 2x wrong (i supposed this) and 1x correctly.
The 2x wrong was with 3 players and 4 bidding fields, what is wrong.
So, every round, it generates a discard pile deck, what normally doesn't happen.

The last time we played the game, there were actually enough cards.
Normally the cards show you, what to do with the cards.
Discard it from the game or shuffle it back in the deck.
Maybe it can happen, if all players in the camp collect cards, that no cards left, before the game ends?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.