30.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Pnp version, which has 25 dangerous sector cards and 12 items.
I have proxied the extra item cards from the ultimate version, so I have 17 items in my pnp version now.

But the ultimate edition has 77 dangerous sector cards (including 17 item cards) vs only 25 in the pnp (of which I think 8 are item cards)

So it seems that the ultimate version has higher proportion of "noise in sector this or that" cards - I was thinking that I would need to print a few more pnp "noise" cards to make this proportion the same

Have others played both versions noticed how htis affects game play. I'm guessing it may make it easier for the aliens, but not sure?

Any thoughts?
And could anyone tell me what the numbers of "noise in your sector" vs "noise in any sector" vs "item" cards there are in the ultimate version.
I'm assuming the same 40:40:20% split as the PnP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Falk Hartelius
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
The ultimate additions 77 dangerous sector cards are divided up as follows:
27 noise in any sector (ca 35%)
27 noise in your sector (ca 35%)
6 silence in all sectors (ca 8%)
17 item cards (ca 22%)

The difference is (a) that there's a slightly higher propertion of silence in the ultimate edition, and that (b) there's higher levels of variance in the ultimate edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Filip_FH wrote:
The ultimate additions 77 dangerous sector cards are divided up as follows:
27 noise in any sector (ca 35%)
27 noise in your sector (ca 35%)
6 silence in all sectors (ca 8%)
17 item cards (ca 22%)

The difference is (a) that there's a slightly higher propertion of silence in the ultimate edition, and that (b) there's higher levels of variance in the ultimate edition.

Thank you - that is exactly what will help me decide if I need to print out a few more cards. Now to do the maths!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam L
United Kingdom
Gravesend
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The differences are not huge... so can I ask have you played the Pnp and the Ultimate Edition? If so, did you notice any subtle changes in game play at all?

Edit: what was I thinking? The proportion of noise cards is a lot higher, so everyone is more likely to make noise. Less hiding, or more incentive to enter silent sectors

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.