1 , 2  Next »   | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: I know what will happens in this new Kickstarter 25th November rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rémi Vigneux
msg tools
Hi everyone,

I am french player and i don't own the game. Unfortunately i have missed the first Kickstarter... But i have read many reviews about players around the world. I agreed with one particulary in an excellent blog that i invite you to read : http://betweenthebolterandme.blogspot.fr/2015/12/kingdom-dea... .

In this blog we realize that multi part kit models are inferiors in comparison of one pose model. That is something that i noticed too when i saw the miniatures for the first time.

Then the Halloween update came with this. https://shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/in-stock/products/...

At this time i started to think that Poots wanted to get rid of a lot of multi part armor kit models and not just do a promo for Halloween.

My theory was new armor kit sprues to match with the Kingdom death Quality standard.

And then, Today....

The revelation : https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/014/407/580/83679248433bca3...

This: A phoenix armor dynamic pose!

My theory is for the new Kickstarter 2nd edition : 4 news dynamic armor kit pose for all armor in the game!

In fact, players seems to often just do a full set of armor when building so why not do a full miniature overhaul like this. What do you think guys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
If you are right I will be f***ed... because I will need to buy all of them! It is possible but I'm not so sure about it though. Elimination of armour kits means a lot less custom options and I think a lot of people enjoy the possibilities this gives.

Anyway I'm very interested in options the new KS will bring to those who own a game. want a piece of everything I don't have already

I guess there will be a 1.4 Upgrade Pack pledge option that you can choose and then extend with expansions and new stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the main idea behind the armour kits wasn't having the best miniatures but to have miniatures that have the armour and weapons your survivors currently were using.
I don't regret having them and I'm very interested on miniatures that have one pose too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rémi Vigneux
msg tools
In facts this is 24 Armor kit miniatures 2.0. Do you think it is impossible to add in a Kickstarter update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
I really hope this is the case. I would go all in if the minis had dynamic poses like that (and even better, if they were preassembled )

As it is now, I will sell every single piece of armorkit included, which wont be the easiest since he now have them for sale on his website. But of course no one know when the new kickstarter will be delovered so maybe I'll get my chance to sell them then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Roza
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Kangaaxx wrote:

I'm more on team-Gryphon for this round of speculation. I can't imagine Poots doubling down on the Phoenix, but having single pose armor figurines to go with a Gryphon expansion seems possible.
(By the way that base for the armor-mini is amazing.)

https://shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/sold-out/products/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
Look at the helmet and the shoes ot the miniature - it is definetly a Phoenix armour. I don't think Poots would go with such a similar design with new armour.

P.S. The base is awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Jorgan
msg tools
Kangaaxx wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am french player and i don't own the game. Unfortunately i have missed the first Kickstarter... But i have read many reviews about players around the world. I agreed with one particulary in an excellent blog that i invite you to read : http://betweenthebolterandme.blogspot.fr/2015/12/kingdom-dea... .

In this blog we realize that multi part kit models are inferiors in comparison of one pose model. That is something that i noticed too when i saw the miniatures for the first time.

Then the Halloween update came with this. https://shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/in-stock/products/...

At this time i started to think that Poots wanted to get rid of a lot of multi part armor kit models and not just do a promo for Halloween.

My theory was new armor kit sprues to match with the Kingdom death Quality standard.

And then, Today....

The revelation : https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/014/407/580/83679248433bca3...

My theory is for the new Kickstarter 2nd edition : 4 news dynamic armor kit pose for all armor in the game!

In fact, players seems to often just do a full set of armor when building so why not do a full miniature overhaul like this. What do you think guys?

Originally I thought it might be a Gryphon, but upon closer inspection I'm inclined to see it as a Phoenix armour kit.
Honestly... I have mixed feelings about this.
I've always thought the poses looked a bit lame, for most of the standard kit assembled survivors.

I welcome a redo of the core armour kits, with more dynamic poses and would happily jump on them, especially since I'm a beginner painter and some of my paint jobs are really crappy.

Here's my problem:
I was considering buying the 125 buck armour kit, since some of my survivors aren't painted that well and I'd love another go now that I've gotten some painting experience. I don't know about you, but I'd be extremely pissed if, after paying 125 dollars for the old armour kits, a newer and better set was released.
If the Frenchman is correct, it feels like an extremely douche move on Poot's part; To sell the old armour kits, at 125 bucks a pop and then release a surprise redo of them a few weeks later, at probably the same price or more. It would be completely cool if he announced, in the October newsletter, that the KS 2 campaign would include a redo of the armour kits, giving people the chance to choose which one to spend their money on instead of keeping tight lipped and shelling off old stock.

Still, it's all theory, but thanks Kaangaax for (possibly) saving me from wasting my money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Pertici
Italy
Certaldo
Firenze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hwknight wrote:

Here's my problem:
I was considering buying the 125 buck armour kit, since some of my survivors aren't painted that well and I'd love another go now that I've gotten some painting experience.

You can still strip paint off the minis you're not satisfied with using an ultrasonic cleaner (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baSn9vydlfY) it's pretty cheap (cheaper than the armour kit at least ) and can be used to clean your brushes, your airbrush (if you have one) or even other non "hobby" related stuff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, I don't get it. A guy made a game you like, provides products you'd like to buy, then announces (or rather, makes a sneak peek) of another product you'd like to buy and you're insulting him, calling him a douche and are pissed of?
Something's not right here.
You really, REALLY thought there won't be anything new you'd like to have on the new campaign? Especially if it's a KS policy that the campaign has to have new products? Is it really a surprise? Someone forced you to buy anything from him? It's his fault you (maybe) don't have enough money to buy everything you'd like? He's a douche because you could buy something from his shop knowing there will be a KS campaign soon?
Jesus, that's incredible.

I'm not defending Poots, because I'm a rabid fanboy. I just don't get being so rude for such a reason (or lack of one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
Maybe the new Phoenix armour guy is some from the Invaders expansion? Like a survivor you can invade with or a hero defending a city? Or maybe some other kind of hero. Or maybe we will get a set of heros - one for each armour type - like there were pinups - one for each armour type.

The more I think about it the less I feel like they will redo all the kits in standard poses. That would be like saying - ok, our whole idea for basic game AND expansions was wrong and they would have to redo all the expansions completely as well AND they still have hundreds of most expansion in stock (only Dragon King is sold out, and Manhunter and Flower Knight leftovers are limited).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
On a side note: I was just checking the old KDM kickstarter page. Dragon king expansion for $30? How is it possible that poots didnt go absolutely and definately bankrupt? What sorcery is this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam D
msg tools
mb
hwknight wrote:

Here's my problem:
I was considering buying the 125 buck armour kit, since some of my survivors aren't painted that well and I'd love another go now that I've gotten some painting experience. I don't know about you, but I'd be extremely pissed if, after paying 125 dollars for the old armour kits, a newer and better set was released.
If the Frenchman is correct, it feels like an extremely douche move on Poot's part; To sell the old armour kits, at 125 bucks a pop and then release a surprise redo of them a few weeks later, at probably the same price or more. It would be completely cool if he announced, in the October newsletter, that the KS 2 campaign would include a redo of the armour kits, giving people the chance to choose which one to spend their money on instead of keeping tight lipped and shelling off old stock.

Still, it's all theory, but thanks Kaangaax for (possibly) saving me from wasting my money.

Some people like prebuilt awesome pose models, others like kitbashing their own creations (knowing that the poses will be limited).

Maybe Poots is to satisfy both camps. (crazy idea time) The new box set will only contain the monsters and the four starting survivors. If you want other survivors you can either buy the sprues or the prebuilt models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
Gabriel85 wrote:
On a side note: I was just checking the old KDM kickstarter page. Dragon king expansion for $30? How is it possible that poots didnt go absolutely and definately bankrupt? What sorcery is this?

Someone said somewhere that he had to put $700 000 out of his pocket to deliver. I don't know the source or if is it true or not and how the hell did he get $700k?

But yeah. The original prices were insanely low and that made MSRP prices insanely high, as he had to earn back all he lost.

Unfortunately for us that means that the new KS prices won't be that low but the new expansions and content will be as pricey, because now he knows people will pay for it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Wannes
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
kurczaczekx wrote:
Gabriel85 wrote:

Someone said somewhere that he had to put $700 000 out of his pocket to deliver. I don't know the source or if is it true or not and how the hell did he get $700k?

But yeah. The original prices were insanely low and that made MSRP prices insanely high, as he had to earn back all he lost.

Unfortunately for us that means that the new KS prices won't be that low but the new expansions and content will be as pricey, because now he knows people will pay for it anyway.

Yeah the first KS prices were insane, now in hindsight. Too bad I learned about KDM after the first KS. For this KS, I think the core box will be priced at $350 as minimum. Expansions perhaps $10-20 less than msrp. If expansions is offered at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
Gabriel85 wrote:
kurczaczekx wrote:
Gabriel85 wrote:

Yeah the first KS prices were insane, now in hindsight. Too bad I learned about KDM after the first KS. For this KS, I think the core box will be priced at $350 as minimum. Expansions perhaps $10-20 less than msrp. If expansions is offered at all.

At least some expansions will be offered. He's said Dragon King will be for sure. I'm still holding out hope for an everything pledge: core set, all existing expansions, all new expansions (but not including all the pinups and stuff without game content. I'm in it for the game, not the models.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope dynamic poses on existing armor kits isn't the big sell with this KS. I'm happy with the 1.4 update but I'd like to see at least 1 new expansion monster. Although, a new dynamic pose for the White Lion would be pretty nice. I should probably temper my excitement for the KS given the Lantern Festival announcement. Blah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
Slaaneth wrote:

Some people like prebuilt awesome pose models, others like kitbashing their own creations (knowing that the poses will be limited).

Maybe Poots is to satisfy both camps. (crazy idea time) The new box set will only contain the monsters and the four starting survivors. If you want other survivors you can either buy the sprues or the prebuilt models.

Anyway it's really not like models you build from armour kit have to suck. I have built some pretty dynamic and cool poses with armour kits and I know nothing about modelling.

I just takes a little imagination and some common sense: if you build a mini with an axe in one hand and the sword in the other and pose it like an action figure it will suck.

If you will give it just one weapon and a lantern it can be really cool.

Forgive my poor painting skills, I'm working on getting better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Gabriel85 wrote:

No middle man or retailer taking a cut, high margin items mixed into the loses (anyone buying $25 armor kits did a lot to help him dig out), and resin sales. The retail prices were also set as high as they were to recoup losses on the kickstarter prices. I think it was late spring early summer of this year that he mentioned hitting the break even point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam

Indiana
msg tools
mb
Could this possibly be a male pinup? Probably to tame huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it could be a good way to get the price of the core game down (if that's the intent). Yes, customized models are awesome, but not everybody cares about that. If he could reduce the number of plastic sprues from 2 or 3 sprues per armor kit, down to something like 2 or 3 sprues for all heroes, that might slightly help lower the price of the game and make it more accessible. Armor kits could still be sold on the side, like what he's already doing, and that would be available for committed hobbyists to still create their own figures. I don't know that Poots even cares for anything to lower the price of KDM since it doesn't seem to have problems selling out anyways, but I think it might get more people into the game who otherwise wouldn't spend $400+ on a boardgame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:
Look at the helmet and the shoes ot the miniature - it is definetly a Phoenix armour. I don't think Poots would go with such a similar design with new armour.

I'm probably wrong but it would be a great idea if several monsters let you create the same pieces of armour and weapons. It's great to have a lot of armour and weapons but having too much will make it very cumbersome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmb
Bernado wrote:
kurczaczekx wrote:

I'm probably wrong but it would be a great idea if several monsters let you create the same pieces of armour and weapons. It's great to have a lot of armour and weapons but having too much will make it very cumbersome.

Well, you already have this with a lot of weapons - all from the blacksmith, bone smith and most from the weapon crafter. I'm generally opposed to taking away exclusivity... with the exception that I'd happily see homebrew rules to use Spdicules parts for cooking and maybe some of the items that require antelope bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raegan Ray-gun
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I really hope they're not moving to single pose models. Whilst I can understand the draw for other people I'm more than capable of building and posing models and the multi-part nature of the models is what got me to buy my copy. I was gonna back this but if Poots is gonna move to doing lame single pose models I think I'll pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Panciera
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think they'll be replacing any of the old components, just adding some extra models like the starting survivors. They're selling the armor kits now on the site, and it would be crazy to throw out those molds. I don't think it's possible to cast that model as a single piece though. Plus Poots would never release anything sub par. I don't see any reason to speculate that he'll be making crappy components now, considering he cancelled an expansion that's been in development for years because it didn't meet his standards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.