Subject: Tunnel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
metallon metallonorg

Berlin
msg tools
Hi Scythe Players,
I only played one big ground with 5 people on the extended board so far and
wondered what are the tunnels good for? I did not want to get into war and had all my 4 (wood, iron, oil, people/meeples)resources near by so why use tunnels and get across the map?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
Dexposure.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the tunnels are used for the other players to get to you faster and steal your resources...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With fewer players, tunnels can be good for getting across the board quickly to move onto an encounter token.

At any player count, tunnels are good for quickly getting to a space where you can attack another player that might not be paying attention.

Just because you don't want to go to war, doesn't mean others don't want to. Winning a battle gets a player a star, could help them achieve a secret goal card, and can send an opponent back to their home base.

Also, done at a particular time, in conjunction with putting out other star/s during your turn, you can end the game after that battle and deny the loser of that battle a territory they would have controlled for end game scoring.

Also, a tunnel allows you to move to it from a mine you build in your home territories. It helps you get across rivers from home territories without having to build a riverwalk mech.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Miller
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
With fewer players, tunnels can be good for getting across the board quickly to move onto an encounter token.

At any player count, tunnels are good for quickly getting to a space where you can attack another player that might not be paying attention.

Just because you don't want to go to war, doesn't mean others don't want to. Winning a battle gets a player a star, could help them achieve a secret goal card, and can send an opponent back to their home base.

Also, done at a particular time, in conjunction with putting out other star/s during your turn, you can end the game after that battle and deny the loser of that battle a territory they would have controlled for end game scoring.

Also, a tunnel allows you to move to it from a mine you build in your home territories. It helps you get across rivers from home territories without having to build a riverwalk mech.

Basically, the tunnels serve much the same purpose as the funky geometry in Kemet does - brings everyone closer together, reducing start position of not being near the other two player (for example) advantages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanne H
Switzerland
Nyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
@Lawrence: only the next round, I can do my move action go through the tunnel and if I happen to
take a worker with me who happens to survive the next round I might do the right action
to spend the resources. Seems all a bit much to me for 3 wood or so

@Greg,
"Also, a tunnel allows you to move to it from a mine you build in your home territories. It helps you get across rivers from home territories without having to build a riverwalk mech. "
Now, that is intersting!
Attacking workers costs popularity and so far I havent seen anyone who can spare that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
metalray wrote:

Attacking workers costs popularity and so far I haven't seen anyone who can spare that.

Workers on territories score points at the end - their loss is greater than yours done right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.