Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
Hello,

I cannot see any reason for not doing this, but wanted to see if there are limitations.

Your tableau limit is say three cards. You play a card to take it to four, knowing you will have reduce this to three in the cleanup phase.

You play a free action from the card you lay down, effectively meaning you have played two actions and a free one from the card you laid down.

Then you remove that same card in the cleanup phase.

Is this allowed? Or is there a limit of free actions to only those cards already placed on the tableau before you started your turn? Also can you play a card in this way and then discard as part of the cleanup. We could not see a reason why not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's all fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. Recall the rule:
(E4.2) Tableau Size. wrote:
Your Tableau Size is limited to three cards PLUS the sum of the Ranks on all the political cards on your Tableau. You may temporarily go over this limit, but must discard back down to this limit during cleanup.

Suppose your Tableau currently contains 3 military cards and thus is at the limit.

You could use your two Standard actions to Purchase and then Play a Intelligence card - beyond your current Tableau Size.

If the Regime is Intelligence War, you might then use a free Bribe action on the newly placed Intelligence card to steal a rank-2 political card from the an opponent, placing in your Tableau.

The stolen Political card would raise your Tableau Size to 5 - and you would not need to discard any cards during cleanup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
Thanks guys. I suspected this was the case. It will help as we were not sure at the time and played a limit that any special actions had to come from cards already in your tableau. With hindsight I can see this limited our actions somewhat and by playing with greater flexibility, as the game intends, will give us more fluidity and more room for clever play.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arunas Rudis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
michaelwest777 wrote:
Hello,

I cannot see any reason for not doing this, but wanted to see if there are limitations.

Your tableau limit is say three cards. You play a card to take it to four, knowing you will have reduce this to three in the cleanup phase.

You play a free action from the card you lay down, effectively meaning you have played two actions and a free one from the card you laid down.

Then you remove that same card in the cleanup phase.

Is this allowed? Or is there a limit of free actions to only those cards already placed on the tableau before you started your turn? Also can you play a card in this way and then discard as part of the cleanup. We could not see a reason why not.

May I remove ANY card from tableau or The LAST card played to tableau?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any. Only limitation is... the limit of cards on your tableau. You must remove cards of your chosing to meet that limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom M
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
Whoops ive been playing this wrong. Thanks for setting me straight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom M
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
Follow on questions to which i assume the answers are yes..?
1.You could use the method above to discard a card within your tableau with a pesky spy on it.
2.If another player assassinated your political card. You have to fix the Tableau size in your own cleanup, not theirs. Ie you would have time to potentially fix the situation before having to discard other cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravanna09 wrote:
Follow on questions to which i assume the answers are yes..?
1.You could use the method above to discard a card within your tableau with a pesky spy on it.
2.If another player assassinated your political card. You have to fix the Tableau size in your own cleanup, not theirs. Ie you would have time to potentially fix the situation before having to discard other cards?

Yes to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom M
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.