Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Best
United States
Brandon
FL
flag msg tools
Hey All,

Not really looking for a skirmish-like miniatures game. Would it be worth backing this for co/op or campaign? There doesn't seem to be much discussion on that piece of the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
We don't know much about the co-op and campaign modes other than that they exist. The Hephaestus box comes with campaign, and Leo has mentioned a campaign in which you start out with a single hero who has just been released from the underworld.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I get the feeling that the campaign will not be like Descent or Imperial Assault. More like gathering a warband as you progress. But as Ben said, we don't know much at this time. I'm sure there will be more to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, this was designed primarily as a skirmish game so this might not really be your cup of tea. With that said, they still will include a couple of scenarios. I'm not sure though if they will be linked to form a campaign.

As of this writing, both the core game and the expansion come with 6 scenarios each, with one of the core game's scenario being a co-op.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
McCrank wrote:
Hey All,

Not really looking for a skirmish-like miniatures game. Would it be worth backing this for co/op or campaign? There doesn't seem to be much discussion on that piece of the game...

I somewhat doubt that it would be worth it for that alone.

From what I could gather, there will be one, maybe two cooperative scenarios. Maybe more, but certainly not a whole lot. It is not really the focus of the game, after all.

I'm pretty sure there will be quite a few scenarios coming, probably with add-ons, but if campaign play is what you really want, then there are better choices out there.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Cahard
France
Fécamp
Seine-Maritime
flag msg tools
And maybe fans will add some homemade scenarios in the future. It's true we don't know much about the scenario mode, though.

I had the chance to playtest one of the scenarios from Hephaistos campaign in a demo in Rouen. I won't spoil it too much, but all I can say is that it changes from the general feeling of the skirmish game but it keeps the core rules and you stay in your confort zone from that perspective. For example, in this particular scenario, we played on two different maps at the same time with different objectives and rules on each one.

Hope that'll help you deciding if the story mode is good enough for you, guys... I can't wait to play those campaigns myself !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, here's part of the blurb for the Exclusive (sigh) Odysseus add-on: "What I can tell you is that the campaign is very much focussed on the confrontation between Oedipus and the Sphinx, but they aren’t the only models involved. It starts out personal and adds more units from the core box as things escalate."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...

Campaigns wouldn't be too hard to DIY. Pick a story from Greek myth, select the units, and fight. May have to tweak if there's an objective. Coop would require AI, but MB has big dumb units whose AI would be simple (and maybe give them more Art of War cards to compensate).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Lanza
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Sam and Max wrote:
Well, here's part of the blurb for the Exclusive (sigh) Odysseus add-on: "What I can tell you is that the campaign is very much focussed on the confrontation between Oedipus and the Sphinx, but they aren’t the only models involved. It starts out personal and adds more units from the core box as things escalate."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...

Campaigns wouldn't be too hard to DIY. Pick a story from Greek myth, select the units, and fight. May have to tweak if there's an objective. Coop would require AI, but MB has big dumb units whose AI would be simple (and maybe give them more Art of War cards to compensate).

Did you happen to watch the live stream? Campaigns are coming and there will be a section on their website for both user created content and MB created content that will be free for all to print-and-play.

The latest add-on has a story arc of its own and has a progressive campaign that allows you to add more heros/characters as you progress through the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.