GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 97.76
39.3% of Goal | left
So, my friend's birthday is coming soon. He's a huge fan of Avalon and I was thinking of making a custom version of the game using our group of friends as characters.
The thing about Avalon, however, is that it allows only 10 players. We are 14 people. Another thing is, most characters in Avalon are generic with only a few having powers. I wanted to give every character a special power, kinda like Ultimate Werewolf, but based on my friend's personalities and some inside jokes (so, don't worry if you don't understand why some of these powers exist).
I will now list the characters (for those that don't have any new skills, I will just put their Avalon name). At the end of the post, I will have some questions regarding balance. I would really appreciate it if you guys can tell me what you think!
- Good 1: Appears as evil to Merlin and the Lady of the lake
- Good 2: Must fail the first mission he/she's in. Can't admit it was him.
- Good 3: Before the game starts, he/she can tap one player to the left/right, and that player must show thumbs up (good) or thumbs down (evil). The effect of special characters (i.e. "Good 1" and "Assassin") doesn't apply here.
- Good 4: Must approve every team.
- Good 5: After the Assassin writes down who Merlin is (see: Assassin section), he can say a name. If he guesses, he "blocks the bullet" and the good guys win.
- Good 6: (Dunno about this one, ideas are appreciated!)
- Assassin: Appears as good to Merlin and the Lady of the lake. At the end of the game, he/she alone will choose who Merlin is and write it on a piece of paper. If correct, evil team wins.
- Evil 1: Knows Merlin and Percival
- Evil 2: Will have some "fireballs" (plastic balls or something). After a mission, everyone "closes their eyes". He/she will discretely throw a "fireball" at someone. This person will then be too injured to participate in a mission the next day.
- Neutral 1: Starts on the evil team, switches teams every turn
Questions and Concerns:
- Maybe Good 5 is too overpowered?
- What use is Neutral 1 if they are not participating in a mission?
- I need ideas for one more good character (Good 6)
- When the game has 12 people, how many missions and participants per mission should the game have?
- Same as above but with 14 people.
I will appreciate any input, questions, ideas, etc. If you guys have questions on how a role works, let me know! It will definitely help me think of edge cases!