47.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The anchor bloviates til 2m:30s so you can skip to that part for the meat.

An exit poll of early voters shows Clinton is winning 28% of registered republican early voters who have already voted, including early voters by mail.

Trump is pulling 6% of registered democratic early voters.

Net net 48% Clinton, 40% Trump.

Apparently the republican party leaders saying "nay" may have some sway with republican voters.

The analyst has a side comment that this crossover is likely occurring in other states as well.

That said- it's a poll. Normal 95% confidence values, etc. apply. He does say that it's a very well constructed sample compared to many polls and explains why.

He also says it looks like the republican voters are otherwise still voting for their party's representatives and senators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wth? I'll fix that. sorry Grog!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

The anchor bloviates til 2m:30s so you can skip to that part for the meat.

An exit poll of early voters shows Clinton is winning 28% of registered republican early voters who have already voted, including early voters by mail.

Trump is pulling 6% of registered democratic early voters.

Net net 48% Clinton, 40% Trump.

Apparently the republican party leaders saying "nay" may have some sway with republican voters.

The analyst has a side comment that this crossover is likely occurring in other states as well.

That said- it's a poll. Normal 95% confidence values, etc. apply. He does say that it's a very well constructed sample compared to many polls and explains why.

He also says it looks like the republican voters are otherwise still voting for their party's representatives and senators.

Old, retired Jewish voters kinda shun the next dude with the Brownshirts in tow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
darthhugo wrote:

Old, retired Jewish voters kinda shun the next dude with the Brownshirts in tow.

wow Pink Floyd "predicted" TRUMP! surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"He also says it looks like the republican voters are otherwise still voting for their party's representatives and senators."

Hardly news is it, tribal voters vote for their tribe no matter how bad the candidate is.

Though it is a whole new level of willfull blindness when evangelicals vote for trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
growlley wrote:
"He also says it looks like the republican voters are otherwise still voting for their party's representatives and senators."

Hardly news is it, tribal voters vote for their tribe no matter how bad the candidate is.

Though it is a whole new level of willfull blindness when evangelicals vote for trump.

Did you miss the part where he was using that expression to describe people who were Republicans not voting for Trump and yet otherwise voting Republican?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasnt clear, the 2nd part was meant to to express I still can't get my head around how evangelicals will vote for this man when he is everything they protest they are not.

As for the repubs solidifying dpown ticket well I knew that months ago even when they saying they wouldnt. Thats just human nature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
I can easily understand the idea of someone who believes in the principles of the Republican party and will vote for their Senate and Rep candidates but just can't bring themselves to vote for Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Exit polls are shite, especially in close contests like this. Don't pay any attention to them - remember how badly the exit polls did in 2004.

Turn off your TV tomorrow, and don't turn it on until the first few states close their polls and the real results start to filter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, we will have a verifiable data point on these exit polls on wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having been visiting in Florida this past week I have seen a ton of anti Hillary commercials, tons of pro Trump signs and bumper stickers. Granted this is all anecdotal but given the amount of red neck inbred hillbillies I have seen I find it hard to believe Hillary would win Florida.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
galad2003 wrote:
...red neck inbred hillbillies...

Watcha got against red neck inbred hillbillies Willis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From previous elections (though they may not apply) is there a significant difference between early voters and polling day voters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oldies but Goodies ... Avalon Hill and
msg tools
mbmbmb
Democrats are more likely to vote early or by any means not involving in-person voting. The exception is military absentee balloting, which heavily favors Republicans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
More people have cast absentee ballots in Florida this year than voted in Florida in 2000

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/07/politics/2000-bush-gore-2016-f...

Florida's voting age population is 15.8 million and 6.4 million of them have already voted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.