Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, has anyone tried to houserule this game into a full coop game?

I recently got my wife to play boardgames with me, but she doesn't like to play against me. Especially here, were you really go hard against each other.

The KS package should soon arrive. So a coop variant without the need of a sins player would be awesome.

Has anyone tried it? Do you think it's even possible?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Possible? At the moment? No, unless they make an app with AI like Mansion of Madness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmb
I've seen solo/co-op variants for games like this (all vs. 1)... like there's a Last Night on Earth solo/co-op variant I wanna try where the zombies behave on a basic AI.

The Sin player doesn't really have a "turn", so I kind of feel like it would be easiest to give Sin an AI with its reactions. I've still not yet played my copy as I'm in the process of painting it, but I do a lot of solo-gaming too... I want to get a taste for what it's like to play against/as a real Sin player and then see if I can come up with a very simple set of rules the AI would follow.

But based on what I've seen in playthroughs and such, I'm tinkering with the idea that the AI would React with monster movement/attack if a player accomplishes something objective-driven and draw a random Sin reaction card if the player accomplishes anything at all (city action, kill a monster, rescue innocent, cleanse, etc.) but still keep the Sin's reaction token count.

The drawn card, if unable to play (like it's supposed to be played at start of Hero's turn, etc) would either be discarded and draw another or it would enter play and trigger at the first available opportunity... Meaning if Karl manages to kill an abomination, Sin reacts with start-of-turn card, the next hero would be affected rather than Karl.

Not sure how I like that since it breaks the flow of the Sin reacting to the CURRENT hero's actions.

But I definitely think it's possible to come up with a home-brew solo variant. We just have to put in the leg-work... I doubt CMON will do that for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the game and I really, really hope that someone comes up with a good co-op variant.
Descent is a 1 vs many game and
Paul Reney
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
has designed an awesome co-op/solo variant for it. So I see no reason why it couldn't be done for 7 sins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.