Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving Silver Tower, but I'd feel better about investing the hundreds of hours in painting it if I knew this was going to be a continuing line with new scenarios, tiles, mechanics, enemies, etc. Has there been any word on more Warhammer Quest games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
juan b
msg tools
i am what to now the same when a new enemy's box or some thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
I'm loving Silver Tower, but I'd feel better about investing the hundreds of hours in painting it if I knew this was going to be a continuing line with new scenarios, tiles, mechanics, enemies, etc. Has there been any word on more Warhammer Quest games?

There is still no official word on another big-box, and I haven't even heard any recent rumblings about the rumoured undead box.

At the moment, everything is all about Blood Bowl. Preorders go live this month (and by this month I mean this weekend), for a December launch, and it's going to be huge. Once that's out of the way, we'll probably hear something about Warhammer Quest... If we're going to hear anything at all.

I'm not worried at the moment. They have put enough effort into apps, new heroes, the card pack, etc. for me to believe they intend to continue this as a product line. I hope I'm not wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreux Barbier
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The last white dwarf had another heroes box coming. Not sure if seeing them selling the original heroes as singles is a good sign though. I though I'd read back during release that they weren't going to be sold anywhere but in the WQST box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon crawl boardgames are selling like hotcakes across the industry and kickstarter and Warhammer Quest is the most beloved brand in the history of dungeon crawl boardgames, aside from perhaps HeroQuest. If GW is too dumb to notice that they could simply remake the original Warhammer Quest with Silver Tower's combat mechanics and print money, then they're a lost cause.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cajuntechie wrote:
The last white dwarf had another heroes box coming. Not sure if seeing them selling the original heroes as singles is a good sign though. I though I'd read back during release that they weren't going to be sold anywhere but in the WQST box.

At the moment there are only two hero boxes - Mighty and Arcane. The original heroes are available as separates.

Selling the original heroes was an obvious and expected move, because it makes the models available for people who play AoS but aren't interested in Silver Tower. Games Workshop always make their board game models available as separates later on, but the mark-up is considerable. For example, the dreadnought from the Calth game is available separately for £35, which is only £15 less than I paid for the whole game.

The Silver Tower hero clampacks are retailing for £15 each!

Games Workshop probably said those models were exclusive to Silver Tower, or used advertising phrases such as "These models are only available in the Silver Tower box", but they say that often, and they don't mean exclusive forever - they just mean until they're not.

I think AoS and Warhammer Quest go together well, and each drives the other product line, so I very much expect them to push out more Quest content in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GW use to have links to all the heroes in the apps listed in the Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower section of their store's website. It was convenient and great!

That no longer seems to be the case. I hope that doesn't mean they don't see it worth the effort to maintain.

I too hope to see another box set or two from this line...each with a new setting.

I guess we have no idea how well it sold though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J O
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I would like to hear some news on this front as well. I'm still hopeful we have some holiday goodies for Silver Tower soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An RPG book supplement, similar to the original, would make me deliriously happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Richard
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I recently had in my hand at my local game shop a box of Silver Tower character cards. I suspect they are to possibly allow the use of 43 additional characters from AoS, or to proxy whatever you like, in Silver Tower. I didn't buy it but plan to this week. Once I open it I'll confirm. This would allow tons of extra hero choices, maybe some mini-bosses, but I'm more interested in the evil forces. I did see something about skeletons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wymbrix wrote:
I recently had in my hand at my local game shop a box of Silver Tower character cards. I suspect they are to possibly allow the use of 43 additional characters from AoS, or to proxy whatever you like, in Silver Tower. I didn't buy it but plan to this week. Once I open it I'll confirm. This would allow tons of extra hero choices, maybe some mini-bosses, but I'm more interested in the evil forces. I did see something about skeletons

Yup, that's exactly what those are, they've been out for a while now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wymbrix wrote:

Only heroes. The skeletons are allies for a necromancer.

The cards have their own page here on the geek, and I reviewed them briefly there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure the next Warhammer Quest release is going to be a big box set much like Silver Tower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grumsh wrote:
I am pretty sure the next Warhammer Quest release is going to be a big box set much like Silver Tower.

I hope so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.