5 Posts

Wars of the Roses: Lancaster vs. York» Forums » General

Subject: Game length for 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harry Tuttle
msg tools
mb

I own the game, but have not yet played it. The BGG page claims it plays in 180 minutes, but the box states 90-120 minutes. Which is closer to reality for a 2 player game using the designer's rules posted to BGG, not the variant in the rulebook? I'd be curious to learn how long 2 player games have run for those learning, and what that reduced to eventually.

Thanks so much, in advance, for any replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmb
Some of the rules are a bit demanding and you need a few goes to really get them, furthermore, they are not the kind of rules that you can clearly remember if you haven't played in a while.

So if you play only now and then, I can see how it takes you to 180 minutes, however, if you keep playing several times in a month, you should easily play in about an hour if only 2 players play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first game was a 2 players game and it took two hours, my friend is a gamers as well so maybe that helped. We played the variant described in the rulebook. We enjoyed it very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I'd highly recommend you find two more players to play it with if possible. With less than 4 you lose an important part of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrillo wrote:
I'd highly recommend you find two more players to play it with if possible. With less than 4 you lose an important part of the game.

The creator of the game made updated rules for 2 players and posted them on board BGG. It plays pretty much the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.