Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Do KO'd characters get healing when Chi is rolled?

Id assume so but the villian player didnt think so.

Wakrob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Troutman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Your villain player is a jerk. laugh As the villain on Friday night, I ruled it the other way and let the KO'd hero use the Chi health.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turtle Freak
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a villain I had a hard time answering this question with regard to ability card healing. The only thing I could find related to the topic is the note in the "Villain Card Special Abilities" section which says, "Note that any special abilities on the card activate as described, even if the activated figure is currently KO'ed (unless otherwise stated)." So I used "Just let me... catch my breath..." to help Hob get back up. If a villain leader can be healed after being KO'ed, then I don't see why a hero couldn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg ivan
msg tools
I believe KO rolls are attempted BEFORE action dice or villian cards are played.

Roll hit dice equal to your defense +/- figure adjacency math
Heal for hits
Are you at your (life value)?

No?
Lose your turn and take a ko token
Cards and dice don't take effect for you this round respectively
KO figures cannot be attacked, but do not contribute to move penalties of figures. You still cannot occupy their space though, but im not sure if you can pass "over" them?

Yes?
Roll your action dice and play normally

If you got say...5 life points back and you needed 8, then. Next time you only need 3 to "wake up", but you still missed your turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The villain would not lose a complete turn just because a single figure was KO'ed. That would make no sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg ivan
msg tools
the villain doesnt lose the entire turn, just that he cannot use that figure until is wakes up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
The Nicholas Cage of games! Oh god, not the beeeeeesssss!
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, KO'ed characters still get healing when chi is rolled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg ivan
msg tools
Do shared shells count towards adding more dice towards healing? Or any shells for that matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ivangamer84 wrote:
Do shared shells count towards adding more dice towards healing? Or any shells for that matter?

You mean for awakening a KO'd figure? Yes, you use all shells available to you, whether from your own dice or shared ones. It's defense + available shells + bonuses from adjacent allies - penalties from adjacent opponents. Pretty sure this is all in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.