29% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon Link (Prime eligible): https://www.amazon.com/Hobbit-Unexpected-Journey-Board-Game/...
BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/140612/hobbit-unexpected...

This is part one of which was supposed to be a trilogy that can play as a campaign but game 3 was never released (and won't be). I think it's a fun lightweight game. I have the second one in the series and enjoy it. Kind of hoping this sells out before i lose the willpower and buy it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frigerio
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Board Game - $11.70 (Knizia Co-op Dice game)
I already spent way too much money this month but I ended up getting this for price, knizia, dice, and the gf had her eye on it. thanks for posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Board Game - $11.70 (Knizia Co-op Dice game)
I saw this at an Ollie's Discount store for $8 a couple weeks ago, they had a huge stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
petoly wrote:
I already spent way too much money this month but I ended up getting this for price, knizia, dice, and the gf had her eye on it. thanks for posting.

it's hard to turn down a boardgame for this price, i wrestled with the decision all night lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ERIC DEFILIPPO

Jacksonville (Arlington)
Florida
msg tools
mbmb
I picked up both of them a couple months ago at Ollies for that price. They still have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frigerio
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Franknbeans wrote:
I picked up both of them a couple months ago at Ollies for that price. They still have them.

Wish we had an Ollies where i live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game, if you like push-your-luck dice rollers. A steal at 12 bucks shipped.

It's good by itself, but I really recommend combining it with the second one if you can ... it just wouldn't feel like a complete game if you didn't get at least to Smaug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
myles
United States
Mustang
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD !!!
badge
100 geek gold and this is all I get? :p
mbmbmbmbmb
Showing $11 on Wednesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, got a copy of this at Ollie's for $8. It's a lot of fun. I'm hoping to add The Desolation of Smaug in the near future. For those who don't have an Ollie's nearby, this is a good game for $12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
unveilmyeyes wrote:
Amazon Link (Prime eligible): https://www.amazon.com/Hobbit-Unexpected-Journey-Board-Game/...

This is part one of which was supposed to be a trilogy that can play as a campaign but game 3 was never released (and won't be). I think it's a fun lightweight game. I have the second one in the series and enjoy it. Kind of hoping this sells out before i lose the willpower and buy it

So disappointed they cancelled the third. Was part of my purchase decision.

I assume they never released a print and play for it or anything either?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strmtrper6 wrote:
unveilmyeyes wrote:

So disappointed they cancelled the third. Was part of my purchase decision.

I assume they never released a print and play for it or anything either?

no print and play either. i'm okay without the third game being released to below:
both games contain two boards to "defeat" however the 2nd board of smaug (4th overall) game plays differently so feels like an ending. i realize they made a whole movie out of the last chapter of the book but i don't remember a lot about it so i don't mind the game ending after defeating smaug. also i think it helps playtime not be too long or too similar. i can understand how lots of people would want a third game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
unveilmyeyes wrote:
i'm okay without the third game being released to below:
both games contain two boards to "defeat" however the 2nd board of smaug (4th overall) game plays differently so feels like an ending.

totally agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a fan of the LoR co-op, and had my eye on this for awhile. When I found this link, it was at $12.88 and couldn't pass it up.

It arrived today, but the box was horribly damaged. The contents were good though. Not gonna complain for $12.88, since a friend has Amazon Prime, it was free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.