28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Who are we? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Awaited King
msg tools
I love the game and love the place and I just wanted to find out who are the other insane people that has put their money it so I made some polls Please fill them up and write something about yourself below.

Poll
KD demography poll
1. What is your sex?
male
female
2. How old are you?
0-10
10-15
15-20
20-25
25-30
30-35
35-40
40-45
45-50
50-55
55+
3. Where are you from?
US
CAN
AU
EU
ASIA
AFRICA
S. AMERICA
4. Were you a backer?
Yes
No
5. Do you own a game?
yes
no
6. Do you own any expansions?
yes, all of the main expansions + more
yes, all of the main expansions and nothing/little else
yes, most of them
yes, some
not a lot
no
7. I'm in mostly for:
the game (not interested in content without gameplay value)
the miniatures
both
8. Do you paint miniatures?
a lot of different ones and KD is just a part of it
I like it but don't think too much about
only KD miniatures, but it really made me interested in getting better at it
only KD miniatures
not really, maybe a splash of paint here and there
not at all
I hate it
9. Which of these statements is the most like you:
I like this game, but it's one of my many hobbies and interests
Love the game and it's been my main hobby lately
This game is my only hobby
I'm bat-shit crazy KD addict
10. How much did you spend on the game:
not that much actually
just enough
a little to much, but what can you do?
really to much
so much that I would never let any normal people know how much it was, they would say I'm crazy!
it's becoming a problem, I sold a kidney
11. How much do you earn?
I can't get the ends to meet
Not very much
I'm an average Joe
Better then most
I'm rich
I never had to work a day in my life
12. My geeknes level is:
I'm super cool and I laugh at geeks
I'm like normal I guess?
A little geeky but people rarely consider me odd
Have you seen the Big Bang Theory?
I leave in my parents basement and do nothing except playing KD, watching anime and attending a con from time to time
I'm not a geek, I'm the Geek
      280 answers
Poll created by kurczaczekx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
The non-backers to backers ratio in quite surprising!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just going by the title, I thought you were going for an answer like "entitled man-children."

The poll was a nice surprise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JPN38 wrote:
Just going by the title, I thought you were going for an answer like "entitled man-children."

The poll was a nice surprise.

Hahaha yeah... Yeah...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy O'Connell
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
This makes me happy: thanks for doing it.

Also, at this point, the numbers are...kind of pointing in the "entitled man-children" direction, so...

Also also, it would be interesting to see a tally of people who have like...a personal project or have done some other kind of unpaid/evangelical work on behalf of the KD brand or the game or whatever.

There's "bat-shit crazy" and then there's people out there doing Youtubes, building 3D printable assets, publishing plans for different storage schemes, developing software, creating supplemental merch, replacement sheets, etc., you know?

I feel like that's a whole different category: passion projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:

To be honnest, I didn't even know about Kickstarter back then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
“I am both terrified and reassured to know that there are still wonders in the universe, that we have not yet explained everything.” - G'kar
badge
"Oh what? Are you saying I'm NOT a male man? Is that what you're trying to say? I'm not male. I'm not a man? Is that...is that what you're getting at??" - Dipper
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the poll, very interesting. Shocked by the number of non-backers who are gathered here. Not shocked by the number of dudes.

Also, let's not perpetuate the myth that The Big Bang Theory is representative of geeks in general. It's an unfunny show filled with stereotypes, primarily watched by non-geeks to look down on geeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kurczaczekx wrote:

Well, this *is* the internet, with it's vocal minority. laugh

One odd effect of a long-delayed crowdfunding project of a *good* game where the base game has been delivered, is that backers will talk about the game, thus publicizing it for non-backers. As KS is maturing, we see creators repeatedly using KS, first for different projects, but sometimes, like CMON, SoB and KDM (and Reaper) for similar projects. These similar projects are the ones new backers anticipate and back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
toconnell wrote:
This makes me happy: thanks for doing it.

I feel like that's a whole different category: passion projects.

You are probably right, unfortunately I can't edit the poll

But... isn't that kind of batshit crazy, that a 30+ male spends a LOT of time and a TOO MUCH money on platic dudes AND the goes on a quest to bring his hobby to other people?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheKillShirt wrote:
Also, let's not perpetuate the myth that The Big Bang Theory is representative of geeks in general. It's an unfunny show filled with stereotypes, primarily watched by non-geeks to look down on geeks.

Really? Do you have any data on that, or is it just your opinion? I can only offer anecdeotal in return, but all of my geek friends love it. Lets face it, its a show where the geeks.....
...get hot girlfriends.
...get to go into space.
...have important, fun, well-paid jobs.
...have generally happy, fulfilling lives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I am 40 years old: Do I select 35-40 or 40-45.
I guess I prefer 35-40.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
Cuthailion wrote:
Let's say I am 40 years old: Do I select 35-40 or 40-45.
I guess I prefer 35-40.

I guess you should choose whatever makes you happy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bowie
United Kingdom
Crewe
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Stu Holttum wrote:
Really? Do you have any data on that, or is it just your opinion? I can only offer anecdeotal in return, but all of my geek friends love it. Lets face it, its a show where the geeks.....
...get hot girlfriends.
...get to go into space.

There's no way to reasonably construe from their statement that its factual, therefore, it is an opinionated one. It's bad writing to state "in my opinion" as it can be inferred from context.

However, whilst media and writing are not fully solved subject matters and statements about them cannot be considered factual, we can appropriate substantial evidence from TheKillShirt's post. It has six likes. Social forum would dictate that he wins the argument.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. R.
Lithuania
flag msg tools
Miss! Does no damage to Liquid Metal Slime!
mbmbmbmbmb
C3Gaming wrote:

[...] we can appropriate substantial evidence from TheKillShirt's post. It has six likes. Social forum would dictate that he wins the argument.

Just want to point out that Nick has 20k subscriber Youtube board game review channel & has a video review on KD:M . He "might" have what I call the "Vasel effect", where anything he posts gets liked more than your usual poster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Charbonneau
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu Holttum wrote:
TheKillShirt wrote:

...get hot girlfriends.
...get to go into space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Traylor
msg tools
Less than 3% women? I mean I expected to be vastly outnumbered but wow, not to that extent. I'll have to spread the awesomeness of Kingdom Death: Monster to more females!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enkidu Ur
msg tools
Nice poll. An inquiry about your occupation would also been interesting, especially since people in here seem predominently happy with their income.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
TR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
don't know "happy", I used national average to answer. Driver programmer, anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Boyeldieu
United Kingdom
Glasgow
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cambria329 wrote:
Less than 3% women? I mean I expected to be vastly outnumbered but wow, not to that extent. I'll have to spread the awesomeness of Kingdom Death: Monster to more females!

I don't think the issue is with how many women have been exposed to the game. It's more about whether they follow the boards as obsessively as we do.

I met my girlfriend playing MtG, she will suggest we play games in the evening, and she loves and has cosplayed from Kingdom Death. But she doesn't have an account here, and she thinks I'm weird because I record our plays. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Martyn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gilgamesh1914 wrote:
Nice poll. An inquiry about your occupation would also been interesting, especially since people in here seem predominently happy with their income.

I'm going to assume most KDM fans have a decent amount of disposable income, especially the sorts who frequent the forums and probably buy a lot of 'plastic crack'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dash T
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Thanks for the poll. Very interesting !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
You are welcome I was very interested in who are we all anyway I just regret I did not put the occupation option also.

I'm film/advertisement director. Any of you fellas care to share your jobs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crayon
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm a Key Account Manager for an AR/MR company. As a non-backer who owns 'all game content & more' there's no way this would be a viable hobby if my finances weren't at the very least stable

Thanks a lot for starting off the conversation on this one. I too was shocked by the sheer imbalance of genders, particularly because I tend to play this game with more women than men.

I'd also be interested to find out what combinations of answers people gave. I wish there was an option for this...

-I own the lot & more
-It's one of many hobbies
-I don't paint
-I'm in it for the game
-I'm normal geekness I guess

:-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I was just asked today why I seem to only play board games with dudes, and my response was that there are plenty of other girls who play. Then I came here and saw the poll result of this, guess I was wrong blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enkidu Ur
msg tools
Oh my...
The low rate of girls could mean a variety of things, one of them being the possibility of female owners to be less willing to take part in online polls about board games they own.

Lrn2statistic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.