$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
46.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Brian Blackwell
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
Hi. I have a thematic variant that I would like to try using the Core Game and Forever Evil. I did not purchase FE yet because the variant hinges on the following question:

Does the inclusion of Victory Point tokens increase the average total VP's that players score relative to the base game, or do the VP rewards of the cards in this set balance out to result in end-of-game VP numbers similar to what would be attained in the base game?

Thanks guys, and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(haven't played Forever Evil)
This might be hard to definitively answer. Between HU and TT I've had games as low as 40 VP win, and games around 100 VP win.

A fair number of cards that get you VP tokens only do so by destroying other cards, So there's potentially no net gain some of the time.
The "*"VP value cards are also maxed at 10 points each and go down (the ones in HU and TT can get a little higher than 10).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blackwell
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
Ahhh, I see. So maybe introducing tokens was a way to offset the heavy use of card-destruction effects. In that case, we would expect no significant net increase in the average total.

Plus, they know people like to smash sets together, so hopefully they considered that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.