Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3.1 says that to identify first player if players do not want to spend their money simultaneously.

4.3 says to identify the first player before placing action markers.

3.2 says to identify the first player before resolving the action markers.

Is the first player checked independently at each of these points in the turn? If so, then 'first player' can flip-flop at each point. This mostly matters if the players' stock prices are equal, which would require a roll-off (lowest goes first) at each point. It can also matter if a player drops their stock price during budgeting for 1d6 additional money.

Or is first player only determined once each turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it really matters, I assume a die roll can be used to determine 1st player in the case of tied stock prices for action token placement/activation.

I'm extrapolating from the designer's answer to my rules question for 4.2 here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1308532/rule-42-who-goes-fi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense, but my question is, given tied stock prices, whether to roll just once and have the same first player for the entire turn, or to roll for budget spending (if desired), and then roll for action placement, and then roll for action activation?

Or in other words, can first player be changed throughout the turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My interpretation would be to roll for 1st player throughout the turn (i.e. before budget expenditures, before placing action markers, before activating action markers).

It's a bit more time consuming (to roll after each phase), but also potentially "spreads" out the benefits of acting after your opponent has commited, and is thus more "fair" in my mind, given tied stock prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I prefer the multiple-rolls-per-turn approach, particularly between placing action tokens and resolving action tokens, because you can't be sure that your go-first action token will resolve before your opponent's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.