Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
In my copy of the rules, it shows an example of initiative where 4 players move their ship, with blue once, black twice, green once, and red twice. The illustration shows black on top of green, despite going before green. If black was moved first, black would be on the bottom, with green landing on black.

Can anyone clarify why the example seems to contradict how it would actually happen?

The sad thing is, I believe this is the second edition, "improved" rules, and this is the third question I have on just this section. Ugh! This thing needs a v2 FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anyone active in these foruns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
I agree with you that the example is wrong. For the record, the example is right in the 1st edition rulebook.

It seems going from 1st to 2nd ed. rulebook they kept the same image for the player disks, but for whatever reason changed the background so that the example in 2nd ed. is actually incorrect. I have no clue why, other than they reused the same image to cut corners, but that doesn't explain why they didn't just keep the example the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.