Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Most Interesting Legendary Custom Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel​ Venn
Cambodia
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

I am loving ALL of the artwork and cards being made here. They are all so good, that I want to print them all really!! That isn't realistic... As I only have the base game, I'd like to ask, who are you favorite heroes Masterminds? Villains? etc.

Now, I'm not just talking about your favorite characters from the comic books. I mean, your favorite cards, that REALLY mix it up in the game and can turn a mediocre game into a SUPER INTERESTING one?! 'Draw a Card' won't cut it here. I'm not just looking for 'this guy is great because he/she is sooo powerful' answers. No, what I am seeking is really for the most FUN FACTOR! As an example, I really love the look of Infinity Gems and will try those soon. I have also printed a heap of Bystanders that add a lot to the game! So, now I put it to you, who are you MVP's? Your wildcards? Your Mastermind GENIUSES? Who are your Villainous go to's for an non-stop, action packed ride?

To leave you with one example of my favorites, check out villains Mysterio and Chameleon in the link at the bottom. These guys can be insanely (frustrating!!!) fascinating and can be serious game changers.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1006351/power-and-responsib...

I can't wait to see some of your answers!

Thanks fellow Legendary BGG's!!!

(FYI, I had some custom cards I made here for your consideration, but will move them to another thread so it doesn't steer away from the original topic, hence the 1st conversation. Sorry to be confusing) blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
If you're looking for customs, I would recommend Ranger Bob's list. He has a database of almost, if not all, of the customs for Marvel Legendary. You could also check out the Pro-Registration Civil War side I'm working on. Instead of using divided cards, I created by own mechanism, The Initiative deck. This is an additional deck which the Heroes, and some Villains and Plots, will use for various effects.

Some feed back on your cards as well. I have to be honest and say that they seem a bit too powerful.

In Cerebro stealing another player's X-Men card is a bit powerful, especially if they don't have the chance to defend themselves. It would also seem that for 4 Cost, it doesn't actually need any additional attack. Also, if you're just putting the card back it could mean that Cerebro has the chance to, if you have multiple copies, play the same rare over and over if it's sitting on someone's deck. I know you said you don't have any of the expansions, but I will point out a Mystique card from Villains. It is 4 cost and does the following "Reveal the top card of the Ally (Hero) Deck. You may play a copy of that card this turn. When you do, put that card on the bottom of the Ally (Hero) Deck."

With Mind Control you would almost always be able to defeat the weakest villain in the city without even needing to activate anything. Granted the card would only give you 1 Attack if the city was empty, but still seems a bit extreme to me.

That's just my honest feedback, but really custom cards are whatever you want them to be. I think the cards you have are very thematic, and would be fun to play, but don't feel that they would be particularly balanced in regards to the other cards. It's definitely helpful to have a good knowledge of the other sets to help you set the power levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel​ Venn
Cambodia
flag msg tools
Thank you for your feedback. I have updated the cards a little after your advice. Please check again and see what you think.

For me, he is definitely powerful under the right circumstances, but they wouldn't always come up in your favor. Stealing an X card from another player changes the game play so that you are almost forming alliances/warfare with other players - or at least getting a bit of a grudge going! I think it can add another level to the game - though without other expansions, this may have already been done. As it is uncommon, they can always do the same back to you

Thanks again for the awesome feedback, I welcome any more. I will finish the rest of the cards for this hero very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the Shout-Out. Glad to see people are enjoying my cards

To pimp out some of my other work - Check out the God Emperor Doom mastermind I created, I'm pretty proud of that one: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1410893/god-emperor-doom-ma...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducko Kaiju
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
One of my favorite custom is GHOST from the custom Thunderbolt set:

Basically, he goes into another players deck with his "INFECT" ability. He can act as an aid for other players, or a WOUND if you decide to use the ability for yourself. He comes with 14 tokens correlating to each of his cards - so you know who the owner is.

It was fun playing with him in our group;

The other heroes/anti-heroes in the Thunderbolt expansion has "NATURE" which is pretty cool mechanic to try out too.

Thunderbolt: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1401076/dan-hogans-customs-...

Ghost: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1367497/dan-hogans-customs-...

Creator: Daniel Hogan (thedaninblack)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Defenders expansion is probably at the top. It's better than some Upper Deck expansions.
DEFENDERS Expansion (203 cards)

I'm rather keen on this Dark Phoenix Saga expansion:
Full PHOENIX Expansion set *UPDATED*

Itai's God Emperor Doom is a must-have for thematic Secret Wars scenarios. His Star Wars expansion is awesome, also!

I haven't actually gotten around to printing and playing with this Excalibur expansion, but it sure looks good.
Custom Excalibur Expansion - Complete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.