Subject: Number of seals reduced from 8-4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antony Tran
Australia
Redfern
NSW
flag msg tools
I'm not sure if this has been asked anywhere else but I've noticed that the number of seals have been halved. What was the reason behind this? Was the game too easy with 8 seals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
I doubt it. It's probably just because it doesn't make sense in any game for a group to buy 8 seals; 4 is enough.

There are some cards it just doesn't make sense to buy in bulk; Bamboozle is another one, although now that it works with any villager and not just infiltrator it does arguably make sense to get more than one, although I can't see a situation where any group would want all 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
coblackmagus wrote:
I doubt it. It's probably just because it doesn't make sense in any game for a group to buy 8 seals; 4 is enough.

There are some cards it just doesn't make sense to buy in bulk; Bamboozle is another one, although now that it works with any villager and not just infiltrator it does arguably make sense to get more than one, although I can't see a situation where any group would want all 6.

Yeah, I think one Bamboozzle is usually all you'll need (for the whole party), though you could possibly put two to good use a considerable fraction of the time, if you don't go for building lots of Walls. Still, I think a second Bamboozle would rarely be worthwhile (even though the first one is probably the single most worthwhile Skill you can buy in most games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.