Neuroshima Hex! Death Breath» Forums » General

Subject: Death Breath overpowered? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, this thread is clearly obligatory after a new army has been released

After our first test game (vs. Mephisto & SMART) Death Breath seemed to be really strong, because after a while it managed to quickly re-fill the board after every battle, severely restricting the other factions.

So, is Death Breath overpowered or do we just need to find the right strategy against them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saúl Martínez
Mexico
La Paz
Baja California Sur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhaelen wrote:
Okay, this thread is clearly obligatory after a new army has been released

After our first test game (vs. Mephisto & SMART) Death Breath seemed to be really strong, because after a while it managed to quickly re-fill the board after every battle, severely restricting the other factions.

So, is Death Breath overpowered or do we just need to find the right strategy against them?

Mmm I still don't have this army but here are some strategies I can think about:

- Net Death Breath's HQ at any cost.
- Use an army with tough units (like Moloch, New York) so you don't get killed your units very often.
- Use an army with mobile HQ (like Outpost, Sharrash) to evade damage without killing some zombies.
- Try to deal with the strongest zombies like you would do with the Smart's Biodroid: it's better to push the biodroid to an useless spot than killing it.
- Death Breath depends on it's modules to do more damage and to be fast enough, and it has few of them. Try to destroy them if you can.
- Don't start a battle if Death Breath is going to revive lots of units near your HQ, even if in the battle you're going to do more damage than Death Breath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben W
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Haven't played it one on one yet so can't comment in that setting.

In a multiplayer game it seems fine.

But the beauty of Neuroshima hex is that the others can usually balance out any faction doing too well. I find it's usually when the other players don't keep them in check, then you can run into balance issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coup_De_Grace wrote:
I find it's usually when the other players don't keep them in check, then you can run into balance issues.
I agree. In our game, we were more worried about Mephisto and tried to prevent him from hogging the board. It was rather late in the game that we realized that Death Breath was the bigger threat.

You really need to have seen every army in action at least once or twice to have a good idea of what they're capable of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.