$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 117.69

7,136 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Alea Iacta Est» Forums » General

Subject: Crossing the Rubicon rule question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wojtek Kamusella
Poland
Kedzierzyn-Kozle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossing the Rubicon rule from main campaign.
During the first SMC Republican player can move leaders from Rome.
But where they should move? The only way is down south to ITALY 7, but this region can be reached by Caesar or Antonius during his first SMC, and then there is no escape for them beside lucky evasion roll.
Do I miss something?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They should move to the south.

IIRC, in the first round you can not have combat in the region of Italy and Caesar cannot be attacked.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Kamusella
Poland
Kedzierzyn-Kozle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anijunk wrote:
They should move to the south.

I have described moving south, but in my opinion it is dead end.


anijunk wrote:
IIRC, in the first round you can not have combat in the region of Italy and Caesar cannot be attacked.

There is no such rule. Yes, Republican forces can't attack, but point is that it is Caesar who is attacking smaller Republican force in ITALY 7.
This lonely legion can't win with Antonius and evasion is not in his favor also.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallensteinwojtek wrote:
anijunk wrote:
They should move to the south.

I have described moving south, but in my opinion it is dead end.

Wrong. They could move into Sicily.
But better: they could take a ship from Brandisi (? if that is the harbour there); in that harbour a ship should be available.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wojtek Kamusella
Poland
Kedzierzyn-Kozle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anijunk wrote:
Wallensteinwojtek wrote:
anijunk wrote:
They should move to the south.

I have described moving south, but in my opinion it is dead end.

Wrong. They could move into Sicily.
But better: they could take a ship from Brandisi (? if that is the harbour there); in that harbour a ship should be available.



You are tottaly RIGHT, thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.