Subject: Rate Your Game!! (please) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone!

I am a lowly Canadian who has not yet received my game yet, however I've seen how much work Dominic and the team have put into the game. I've read the early reviews and saw how wonderful the game is, and how much better it supposedly is compared to original Evolution (which was pretty darn awesome), but due to delays and incompetencies, not of North Star Games' fault, it lost a ton of promo.

I haven't gotten to play the game yet sadly, but am super excited to do so. I want to encourage people to rate the game as soon as they can, and get that boost for the game out there. I understand people are frustrated, but this awesome game still deserves to be recognized in the gaming community, I'm sure of it. So please, post your little reviews, bring the buzz up, rate the game, and get it seen.

As of writing this, there are 139 ratings. There are well over 6000 games from the kickstarter going into distribution, as well as the retail copies and the late preorders. Let's boost those ratings, and try to get at least 500 by the end of November. Please - let's do this for a deserving game that has fallen under bad circumstances. I have faith that it deserves it!

EDIT: 147 ratings now - overall rank of 2637. I know it deserves top 500. Normal Evolution is 279 - I know it can do better. Let's rate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reminder! I'll definitely rate my copy as soon as I get it...which looks like it will be sometime this week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Alexandra! You've made me very happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will rate mine once I have a few plays under my belt. My first play did not go well. Too tired for a new game I think. And since then, I have come down with a bad cold. I am having enough trouble boiling a kettle for tea. Much less playing a game. Any game. Even Memory is a challenge at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
GregDarcy wrote:
I will rate mine once I have a few plays under my belt. My first play did not go well. Too tired for a new game I think. And since then, I have come down with a bad cold. I am having enough trouble boiling a kettle for tea. Much less playing a game. Any game. Even Memory is a challenge at the moment.

Adam sums it all very well at minute 7:20 - 8:45 of a video that he posted today. It's worth a listen:

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/116959/evolution/evolution-b...

I'll also add that Evolution just happens to be his FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME!! Yes, that makes me very very happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
GregDarcy wrote:

Adam sums it all very well at minute 7:20 - 8:45 of a video that he posted today. It's worth a listen:

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/116959/evolution/evolution-b...

I'll also add that Evolution just happens to be his FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME!! Yes, that makes me very very happy.

Yes. Was just watching it, Great review. It has also cemented the way to move into Climate. Shame Beginnings is not available here anywhere I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask your local game store to carry it. We'd love to get copies into Australia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
Thanks Alexandra! You've made me very happy.

I do my best! Up to 168 ratings, and 2431 overall! We are moving up!

Edit: and currently number 11 on the hotness! Yay! Thanks guys!

This game will speak for itself. We just need to let it speak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
186, 2223 overall #10 on the hotness!! Keep it going
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my KS copy. Everything looks awesome, but I don't rate a game until I can play it. I'll try to talk my wife into a 2-player game this weekend, but we're crazy busy right now.

But don't worry, I'll have it played and rated before the end of the month for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
...but I don't rate a game until I can play it.

Thank god! It seems like that should go without saying...

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

laugh

You would think so, but I have noticed quite a few games accrue ratings BEFORE release.

Maybe they are playtesters, but it always gives me pause when I see it.
For example Planetarium has an average rating of 7.3 with 9 raters. Not due out until next March
and
Fugitive has an average of 7.4 with 47 raters. Orinally slated for this month, but delayed until January or later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
mvettemagred wrote:

laugh

Yep! That's the way to go! I bet you all are excited to play this though! I know I'm going to definitely play it within a week of it arriving once it does!

We're up to 202 ratings and 2082 overall - I'm so pleased with how it's moving up. Still on the hotness too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes me so happy to see...

Make Climate Great Again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Parker
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
As is the case with similar slogans, I have to ask:

When was Climate NOT great!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Witte
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was very excited yesterday to see that my family opened my package before I got home. My daughter and I are experienced gamers and played Evolution with Climate and found it so fun and educational. I destroyed her as she went for the early carnivore and wound up eating her own species. We can't wait to play again. I will rate the game soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larysa J
Australia
flag msg tools
I read the OP and thought "OMG Don't tell me I forgot to rate it!!"

So I went to the page - nope, I hadn't forgotten! YAY!

Thanks for the timely reminder, though. Much appreciated!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Larysa wrote:
I read the OP and thought "OMG Don't tell me I forgot to rate it!!"

So I went to the page - nope, I hadn't forgotten! YAY!

Thanks for the timely reminder, though. Much appreciated!!

You're the best!!

PS, number 2002 overall as of today! That's an over 600 improvement! I'm exited for the creators! And still barely 200 ratings. Go guys!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had my first round of Climate with a coworker yesterday over lunch...His overcommittal to keeping the climate in the temperate zone let me run away with brutally efficient Cooperation chain and a thorough win (82-43).

10/10, would fight over the planet's thermostat again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Soooo now we have no ranking. shake But at least more people are rating???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
alexangiraffe wrote:
Soooo now we have no ranking. shake But at least more people are rating???

I just submitted a complaint about this and a correction. Hopefully this will be fixed today. Thanks for all the ratings <3

EDIT: It's back! 1601 overall That's a 1000 improvement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing that stinks about ratings is when someone gives it a 1 (they did that) simply because they have not received their game. Skews the overall rating quite a bit. Players shouldn't rate until they have given it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
The thing that stinks about ratings is when someone gives it a 1 (they did that) simply because they have not received their game. Skews the overall rating quite a bit. Players shouldn't rate until they have given it a try.

Yeah, because it's totally the game's fault that the fulfillment company sucks. shake

Hopefully they'll update their rating after it arrives.

ALSO we are already double the ratings we were when I started this thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:

Because this makes sense. Say a game is bad because the shipping company is slow. That's like giving a Steakhouse restaurant a 1-star rating because you ordered the fish! That's like berating your dog because the neighbor's kids left their football in your yard.

The levels of dumbness that exist out there is flabbergasting sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.