Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shadows of the Past» Forums » Rules

Subject: Leonardo ability clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Moore
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I can't remember the name of the ability, but question on the ability where Leonardo can hit three adjacent enemies. He has to pay two katanas to use the ability. Are the katanas also used to add dice to the roll? So since it gives him attack +2 does he get 5 dice (1 base, 2 from the ability, and 2 from the 2 katanas he uses to use the ability), or does he only get 3 (not the 2 used to allow for the ability)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
I interpreted "attack" as his base attack ability. So 3 against each enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Moore
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
PRSthruVOX wrote:
I interpreted "attack" as his base attack ability. So 3 against each enemy.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I just considered it to be a melee attack, which means the more katanas you use, the more dice you get. But I guess the two katanas used to activate the ability don't count in that pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Moore
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
And also, could you add katanas to the ability? So after you use the ability you have 3 dice. Can you then spend two more katanas from your pool to make it a 5 dice attack on all adjacent figures, or can you not pump abilities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
UPA941 wrote:
And also, could you add katanas to the ability? So after you use the ability you have 3 dice. Can you then spend two more katanas from your pool to make it a 5 dice attack on all adjacent figures, or can you not pump abilities?

I don't think so. Every indication is that abilities are self-contained actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
UPA941 wrote:

In general no, however, certain special ability cards do allow you to spend additional katanas to increase the effect. Leonardo's Slice & Dice does not. Leonardo's Double Slash and Donatello's Pole Kick do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Moore
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Delthos wrote:
UPA941 wrote:

In general no, however, certain special ability cards do allow you to spend additional katanas to increase the effect. Leonardo's Slice & Dice does not. Leonardo's Double Slash and Donatello's Pole Kick do.

Sweet! Thanks all, that makes sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Trueman
Canada
flag msg tools
new user
I also had a question regarding this ability. Does Leo roll his attack dice 3 times, one for each enemy? And then do they roll for each of their own defense? Or does Leo roll once, hitting each enemy with one fluid attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
tallgeese_2_87 wrote:
I also had a question regarding this ability. Does Leo roll his attack dice 3 times, one for each enemy? And then do they roll for each of their own defense? Or does Leo roll once, hitting each enemy with one fluid attack?

You roll once for each enemy as it says he makes a separate Attack +2 against up to 3 enemies on the Slice and Dice card. Also note that doesn't mean he gets to take multiple attacks on one enemy to a total of 3 attacks. It means he can attack up to three enemies one time each.

You may be confusing it with Donatello's Spin Attack which is one attack roll which targets all adjacent enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.