Warrior Knights» Forums » General

Subject: Similar games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dovydas Tutinas
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mb
Hello. In my opinion Warrior Knights is one of the best games in Medieval strategy category and every other game that i tried in that category didn't matched Warrior Knights, but maybe i didn't tried them all . What similar games u have played? I am still waiting for big rome/medieval strategy games like Total War series on PC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shogun/Wallenstein (second edition) might be what you're looking for. There's planning similar to warrior knights and it's a meaty game. The cube tower is also a pretty cool gimmick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is it that draws you to Warrior Knights other than its theme?
Is it just the scale?

Twilight Imperium comes to mind as similar and perhaps runewars if you are okay with fantasy.

If you want medieval game. Wallenstein as suggested is a good game.
If you want a heavier historical game maybe here I stand/Virgin Queen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I AM Not A Number
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fief France 1429 is very close in my opinion, and more dynamic ... and quicker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edko Fuzz
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say the most similar is TI:3 because it has that slow feel of conquering plus the politic part. Runewars is somewhat similar but forgets completely about politics and negotiation.

Warrior Knights is an awesome game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet mentioned:

Rex final days of an empire/Dune

different theme but lots of negotiation and planning

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dovydas Tutinas
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mb
Mostly that draws me its theme. Also action and combat mechanics. No dice, a lot of strategy, slow game, a lot similarity to chess. By the way i have Runewars it's a really good game.

Warrior Knights is 2006 games, so 10 years have passed since this game was rereleased by FFG and i don't see any better Medieval or Rome theme strategy game, which is strange for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Warrior Knights!.. TI3 is the nearest but is a lot longer (and we play warrior knights using the expansion and extended influence).

I think Warrior Knights is a bit unique.

Runewars is also great but only plays up to 4

I looked into Fief but several reviews have said it's a bit of a mess. Think I'll stick to Warrior Knights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dowydas wrote:
Mostly that draws me its theme. Also action and combat mechanics. No dice, a lot of strategy, slow game, a lot similarity to chess. By the way i have Runewars it's a really good game.

Warrior Knights is 2006 games, so 10 years have passed since this game was rereleased by FFG and i don't see any better Medieval or Rome theme strategy game, which is strange for me.

Well I'd say fief is the most thematic medieval game of this genre in recent days. However the luck can be extremely swingy. based on why you said I'd give it a try.

I also would like to redouble my recommendation for Here I Stand/Virgin Queen. There are a lot of dice rolls in these games but they do not feel all that random to me. It actually is very slow and strategic will a good bit of deal making. However these games really capture the period. If you are looking for theme these capture period very well. These I actually think are you best hope of a new experience in the mood you want.

Warrior Knights in an excellent game. Based on your draw I do not think you are going to find much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dowydas wrote:

check - Wars of the Roses: Lancaster vs York
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael West
Lithuania
Vilnius r.
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey Dovydas,

You live in Vilnius? I might try to put together a game of Warrior Knights sometime soon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.