Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Newcomer to the game here..I'm working thru the latest edition of the rules whilst on the train, and I can't seem to find anywhere any mention of how or why the clock chart is used. Is this explained in the scenario booklet? (which I don't have with me)
I've also printed off a few summaries from the files section and none of them seem to cover the way the hour chart is designed to work.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, in the rules, 3. Sequence of play), there is a suggestion under A) initiative determination phase, that a sides' overall initiative can be affected by the number of step losses it accumulates. Again, looking through the rules there doesn't appear to be any further mention of how/when this happens.
Is this also covered in the scenario booklet?
If anyone is able to point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it :-)
Cheers,
Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stadel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One turn equals 15 minutes; the time chart just tracks time and the steady progression of the turns. Many scenarios will have turn or time based events, for example: "3 counters of tanks arrive as re-enforcements on turn 7", or perhaps the scenario starts during the afternoon but extends into the night, so you'll need to know what time it is to track the decreasing light, etc ...

Step losses affect your initiative bonus; this is determined by each individual scenario. For example, you may have an initiative of 4 but every 5 step losses will drop it by one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no instructions for the 'clock' sheet. It's a handy thing to keep track of information but I don't use it. I found a turn sheet here on BGG sometime back and print and use those for everything. They keep track of initiative, step losses, victory point, visibility as well as off board artillery and air support. If I find which PG game I found them on, I'll post that link.

As far as initiative loss, this is usually a note under each scenario, giving the number of step losses before the initiative goes down. Example, the German initiative at game start is 4, and the note says "German initiative drops for every 5 steps lost (tanks count double, trucks don't count)". Keep track of steps lost and as they reach that number, reduce that side's initiative. This continues until they reach initiative of 0. The 'clock' has spots to keep track of that, but the form I use has circles to mark off for it. Best way to learn PG is to set up a scenario and play solo through a few turns. I cant say how many times I read and re-read the rules, but getting the counters on the board and sorting it out really helped. You can also find more information on the Panzer Grenadier Headquarters forum. http://pg-hq.com/. There you will find annotated rules that have a lot of things spelled out by long-time players, playtesters and scenario authors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim,
The clock chart is simply a compressed turn counter. The starting position is specified early in the scenarios. Put the turn counter on the inside wheel and something on the outside wheel. Alternately you could download current charts & rules from Avalanche Press. It is a free purchase to get them.

Imitative alterations, usually downward, are addressed in the scenario special rules. The most common reduction is 1 for X step losses, with tanks counting double and unarmored transport not counting. There are variations, so check the scenario special rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim . K
United Kingdom
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
These are all helpful replies, and so quick! Thank you.. As I figured, the missing info will be in the scenario book which I left at home!

If indeed, you do have a link for a recommended player aid/turn chart etc, I'll gratefully receive it :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Oxley
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've searched about a dozen of the bigger Panzer Grenadier game pages and no luck with the form I found several years ago. There is another form on the Panzer Grenadier: Eastern Front files list, not the same one I use but one you may find useful. I searched all the different Panzer Grenadier game pages when my PG addiction first started several years ago and there are a lot of interesting things people have made up that can be useful in other PG games so you might look through them at your leisure. You can also message me directly and I will reply with the file directly if possible. I don't want it to look like I'm trying to take credit for somebody else's work, but it made a big difference in the ease of play for me, especially since I do 95% of my play solo. The form is good for solo or face-to-face play.

Tom Oxley

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom,

I like this one.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/98889/pg-player-aid-scenar...

And this may be handy as well if you don't like large, unwieldy stacks of counters that often occur in Assaults.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/98888/pg-assault-hexes

Robert

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread has an Excel spreadsheet I created that I use to track my games. Just put the info in on the 1st tab, and print out the 2nd tab. It tracks initiative, step losses, artillery, time, etc.

http://www.pg-hq.com/comms/showthread.php?tid=1271&pid=14100...

Plus, it's an introduction to the wonderful world of PG-HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.