Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul Grogan is touting his rules breakdown video for Lisboa on Twitter. Anything he touches lately turns to gold, I'm excited that he's part of this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, great team on this game !
1 year to wait zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Maillard
France
Flers
Orne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fdubois wrote:
1 year to wait zombie

No ! I read somewhere release date is sheduled on June 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FitzChevalery wrote:
fdubois wrote:
1 year to wait zombie

Yes...but only if you have kickstarted it
For the others, it is planned for Essen 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
fdubois wrote:
FitzChevalery wrote:
fdubois wrote:
1 year to wait zombie

In other words, around the same time, then! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Maillard
France
Flers
Orne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fdubois wrote:
FitzChevalery wrote:
fdubois wrote:
1 year to wait zombie

So you know what you have to do : backing for the KS !
(en plus en France c'est facile Philibert fera surement la campagne donc en précommandant le jeu via leur site ça sera réception vers juillet !).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilse
Belgium
Kortenberg
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like Vinhos was going to have an august release?
Hmm I don't think I believe in the EEG rewarding dates for kickstarter anymore.
I am looking forward to this game though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ilse23 wrote:
Just like Vinhos was going to have an august release?
Hmm I don't think I believe in the EEG rewarding dates for kickstarter anymore.
I am looking forward to this game though

I had written down September... and it came early October. Not too bad at all. Gotta give Kickstarters some flex room. It's usually "around" the time listed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Guimarães
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched the video. Some things in the game remembers me of Gallerist. It's good because i like Gallerist but it's bad because i don't want a game that remembers me of some other game, i don't have that much shelf space.
All in all, i liked very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Menozzi
Italy
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just watched the whole video, this game looks like a beast in terms of complexity!
I just played a game of Vinhos Deluxe Editionand went through it like a breeze but now I'm starting to doubt myself backing this..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'd have to rewatch Paul's video several times to have everything even close to sinking in. This may become the first 4+ weight game in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm, is the box on the video a prop, or is it the humongous item I fear it will be? #biggerisnotalwaysbetter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
Yeah, I'd have to rewatch Paul's video several times to have everything even close to sinking in. This may become the first 4+ weight game in my collection.

Lisboa Doesn't have that weight. I would say a 3.5 at the most. Seems harder then it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rui travassos
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Why the 6 rubble cubes you put aside in the setting up of the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
You take them by getting rewards from cards and city building land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Fonseca
msg tools
newrev wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

Lisboa Doesn't have that weight. I would say a 3.5 at the most. Seems harder then it is.

Having playtested it a few times on tabletopia I can concur that it's not that complex as it seems.
Yes, you have many different things to do and until you understand what is needed for each task it might look like it's so complicated but once all the intricacies of the game sink in then you'll see how straightforward the gameplay really is......and then it'll come the headache of deciding what options to take with the cards you have....and after you play a card comes the tough choice of what card will you pick next to further your plans.laugh
What a great game, can't wait to have a copy of it and put this beautiful masterpiece on the table meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the reasons that Vital, along with Vlaada, are the only two designers of whom I play on the euro side of gaming, is that while their games seem complex and can be quite heavy, the rules are so thematic and internally logical. I love the knobs and dials within the game designs and the fact that I understand what I am doing and never feel like I am playing a dry game of "turn the right dial for points" like so many other designs. This not only makes a much more interesting game, but also causes the rules to fade away quickly so you can just play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey everyone,

Dumb question. This is probably going to be my first KSed board game and I know that there may be a way to purchase Vinhos or Gallerist as part of a higher level pledge.

I was just curious if those add-on games would also be shipping with Lisboa late 2017, of if those were likely to get shipped out sooner since those games have already been released. Presuming eagle griffon games has copies lying around.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't help with that answer, but just so you know, you can buy Gallerist from CoolStuffInc at a nice price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Goncalves
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just now noticed the rules speak of "1 real, 2 reais".

Historically, after the reimplentation the the monarchy (about 1640) and explusion of the Spanish dinasty (Philipine), the "Real Português" started being refered as "1 rei, 2 reis" etc.

This lasted until the end of the monarchy (1910)

So, in this period, the coins were "1 rei, 2 reis" etc. (reis = kings in english).

Even a few years ago, before the euro, with the Escudo (the coin that replaces the Real), my father still spoke like this: "cem contos de rei". 1 "conto" is "1000 reis" or 1 escudo (1$00), so it's 100$00 (one hundred thousand reis = one hundred escudos), which now would be 50 euro cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.