Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jyothi
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hi everyone,

My daughter just got Monikers for her 12th birthday. Before she played it, I made a deck of about 35 cards that I thought would work with her (and friends). It went very well but I was disappointed by how few I could use for them (they are very politically aware children but some of the sitcom references expect an older group).

I was thinking I'd pick up one of the expansions and store the kid-friendly cards in that box.

So here's the question: If I can only get one, which one is a better buy?

Thanks!

Jyothi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jyothi wrote:
Hi everyone,

My daughter just got Monikers for her 12th birthday. Before she played it, I made a deck of about 35 cards that I thought would work with her (and friends). It went very well but I was disappointed by how few I could use for them (they are very politically aware children but some of the sitcom references expect an older group).

I was thinking I'd pick up one of the expansions and store the kid-friendly cards in that box.

So here's the question: If I can only get one, which one is a better buy?

Thanks!

Jyothi

I had this same problem. Although the descriptions aren't on the cards, the answer to your question is to get Time's Up! Deluxe instead, or its expansions. Same game with slightly different rules (you could use either set of rules). The people are described in the rulebook instead of on the card, though.

EDIT: Also, the recent Time's Up! Deluxe expansion set (a small box) is mostly modern music artists, movie stars, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.