Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The first week of naming the components in the Thunderverse is over. We are now into week two.

Two new products will be hitting the GMT Games P500 very soon. A new set of four tracks for Grand Prix and a whole new game using the bones of Thunder Alley and Grand Prix but adding the drama and action of car to car combat in the dark future we hope never to see, Apocalypse Road. These tracks, teams and drivers all need names. Sure I could name them, but we have decided to once again open up the naming to the public. This makes things feel more organic and “real”. If you are interested, please take a look at the options below.

Those of you that are enjoying Grand Prix but were eager to have the “real” and modern tracks, Carla & I have heard your desires. We are now adding the four most raced-on tracks from the real F1 circuit to the Grand Prix schedule. Monza, Monaco, Silverstone & Spa-Francorchamps. Testing is currently 75% completed (Silverstone, Monza & Monaco are ready to go with the testing of the last scheduled to be completed by the end of November).

If you think armored vehicles, machine guns, missiles, jumps, figure-eight’s, ramming and escape velocity is more your speed; we are on the verge of completing our in-house testing of Apocalypse Road. Half-demolition derby, half roller-derby and all enclosed on diabolical courses; Apocalypse Road rewards good shooting and good racing.

Grand Prix Tracks ($200 each)
We have four tracks that in the real world are named Monza, Monaco, Silverstone & Spa-Francorchamps. You may name one of these tracks for $200. In addition to the naming rights, you also get to place it anywhere in the Thunderverse. Once named, I will send you the print and play file so you can test it and provide me any game input you wish. These tracks are restricted to a G-rating for names.
Monaco

Monza

Silverstone

Spa-Francorchamps

Apocalypse Road Tracks ($200)
Apocalypse Road uses the same movement system as Thunder Alley and Grand Prix so those previous courses are available to use in Apocalypse Road (That means that from the moment the game comes out of the box, you have access to 21 different tracks). The four in the box are special monsters created to challenge players with jumps, joker lanes, off-road sections and high-speed pavement (oh yeah, did I mention the figure-8?). You may name and list the setting for one of these tracks for $200. I am going to offer a bit more latitude on the naming front here and allow you to essentially wander into the PG area for names. Still no blatant profanity but obviously with a grittier subject matter, the allowance for grittier names seems warranted. Anyone that purchases the naming rights to one of these tracks will receive the print & play files of the whole game and may play test it and help us mold the final product.

Apocalypse Road Teams
There are 10 unique teams in Apocalypse Road. Each of these teams is up for sale for $100 each. Each team buyer will get to do some special things. Teams must be named, located and owned. Each Team supporter can name their team (keep it PG), assign it a color (once a color is gone, it is gone), provide a logo or logo idea, locate it in the Thunderverse and list an owner for the team. In addition, the owner will gain early access to the print & play files to preview and offer input on the game still in the development stages.
Teams So Far:
Blue – 1 Driver
Yellow – 1 Driver
Green – 1 Driver
Black – Purchased but not yet named, 1 Driver
Golden Gate Orange (the color of the bridge) – Purchased: Baguette Bakers from SanFrancisco, California owned by Rich "Toque" Pardon-moi, no drivers

5 other teams yet to be started.

Apocalypse Road Drivers
Every team in Apocalypse Road consists of 10 cars. Each driver slot is up for sale for $50 each. Each Driver will be able to choose their own ID number consisting of 1 to 3 characters, a name (PG), and which team they want to be on (when a team is filled, it is filled). In addition, at least half of the cars on each team may be constructed using our formula. Want to drive a slow and steady tank? Maybe a lightning fast car without weapons? Have a turret? Missile Launcher? This car design option is first-come so when they are gone, they are gone as each team needs to have some consistent items for play balance. But we may open up others if the balance works OK without us stepping in. Supporters that purchase a driver will receive access to the print & play files 1 month after the Track and Team backers have received theirs.

CURRENT DRIVERS
Jean-Luc "Frankenstein" Simard (Blue)
Francois Peticlerc (Green)
Francis "Killer" Lalumiere (Yellow)
Dasher Carsten (#71 Black)

Why do we sell these options? Couldn’t we just have a contest or something?
Yes we could. The complete answer is that we are still trying to get our own game company Nothing Now Games up and running. We have added a new art director (Jonathan Anglin) and in the last two months things have really taken off. In early 2017 we will be launching Kickstarters for three new card games; Journey of the Emperor, Perspective of Mirrors and Panic! and a new board game, The Big Apple. As a company we really want to be at Origins and Gencon in 2017 with booths, but without deep pockets we are relying on Kickstarter to put us over the top and provide those products to actually sell in said booth. This naming campaign is Carla & me putting our resources where our mouth is. Carla & I could just run this campaign and pocket the proceeds. The extra money would be really nice to fix cars, get glasses, buy a new couch, all the fun stuff that life requires. But I want to put this money up first in the upcoming Kickstarter campaigns. Whatever we need to make to produce, import and deliver those Kickstarters, I want to put this money up first to lower those goals. I believe in all of our games and I want to get them out into the wild where they belong.

What about GMT?
The powers at GMT are super nice to Carla & me and extremely supportive of both us and NNG. They have graciously allowed us to monetize the names in these games for our own benefit. Carla, Sean, Jonathan and I all owe them our thanks for their generosity. It is our sincere hope that both of these products sell well and provide the great men and women at GMT with a nice bit of revenue.

Feel free to contact me at jeff@nothingnowgames.com for questions or to take us up on this opportunity. We will be using Paypal for this transaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instabuy for me either way, but I have two questions about Monza. Will the chicanes be mandatory or will there be a way to skip them, and will the oval be there? I'd be very interested in running over the combined circuit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Oval will be there in a three way combo.
Track without Oval
Track including Oval
Oval only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another team is added to the Apocalypse Road Circuit. Rumors of a team called the Deadbeats and their purple cars are making news on the circuit. Look for more information on this new group of shooters and scooters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.