3 Posts

Forbidden Stars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Forbidden stars combat breakdown - routed units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Lee
msg tools
Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help me out with combat in forbidden stars. My friend and I played our first game last night and got very confused on combat. Our first round we ended up routing everyone on each side. How are we supposed to proceed if either we are both fully routed? Also if one enemy is fully routed? Our understanding is once routed the next rounds we are not allowed to allocate damage to them but what if each round a unit gets routed instead? Can someone assist with explaining this a little bit? We could not find a good explanation or definite answer on the subject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slee8690 wrote:
Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help me out with combat in forbidden stars. My friend and I played our first game last night and got very confused on combat. Our first round we ended up routing everyone on each side. How are we supposed to proceed if either we are both fully routed? Also if one enemy is fully routed? Our understanding is once routed the next rounds we are not allowed to allocate damage to them but what if each round a unit gets routed instead? Can someone assist with explaining this a little bit? We could not find a good explanation or definite answer on the subject.
Combat continues until the end of round 3 or until one side is completely eliminated.
I think the main confusion here is allocating damage to routed units: You cannot assign damage to routed units before unrouted units, but once all unrouted units have damage assigned the remaining damage will go to unrouted units. If all units are routed then all damage is assigned to routed units.
Of course routed units can't rout again, so unless enough damage to destroy the unit is assigned there is no effect.

If one side has only routed units left the combat keeps going like normal; They still receive and inflict damage like normal and will still play cards. Of course with all units being routed they cannot trigger the card abilities that require unrouted units of a certain type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also routed units don't provide morale, which is what you need to win the combat in the end.
So it is possible, that one side wins with all routed units, but because of cards and tokens has more morale than the opponent...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.