Support:

Paul Goddard
England
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

I just wanted to point out that the latest humble mobile bundle contains a good number of decent board games for your phone or tablet.

For $1 you can have Carcassonne and Scotland Yard

$3 will also get you Splendor, Catan and Labyrinth (with more to be added next week).

the $5 tier adds Galaxy Trucker, San Juan and Ticket to Ride.

In my opinion it is an amazing package for the price ( or more if you are willing to pay it ) and some of the money also goes to charity!

Edit: Forgot to add a link!

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/board-games-mobile-bundl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How do I buy these games on Google Play ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Goddard
England
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to go through the humble bundle website.

Once you pay you are sent a link to a website with instructions on how to install them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought previous bundles before for Android and it uses their Humble Bundle App to grab the files and manage installing them to your phone(s). Perhaps not quite as nice as the Steam codes, but it's been reliable for me across several devices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So is the Humble Bundle a steam offering? Or is it a separate thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponder Stibbons
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dale12 wrote:
as far as i can see steam has nothing to do with this mobile bundle. steam is (currently) a platform for PC games, not android.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Goddard
England
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rumbelow wrote:
dale12 wrote:
as far as i can see steam has nothing to do with this mobile bundle. steam is (currently) a platform for PC games, not android.

Humble Bundle provide software for various platforms. They do steam games, mobile games and e-books in various packages. The offers usually last a couple of weeks before changing.

I forgot to add a link to the bundle I mentioned in the original post so I have included it here

As mentioned by klz_fc above, you will have to download the humble bundle app onto your android device to get the games but it is all explained once you receive your email confirming purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Goddard
England
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The book bundle may also be of interest to some forum members as it includes numerous RPG books

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/fiction-faves-rpg-book-bu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klz_fc wrote:
I've bought previous bundles before for Android and it uses their Humble Bundle App to grab the files and manage installing them to your phone(s). Perhaps not quite as nice as the Steam codes, but it's been reliable for me across several devices.
IIRC, it was years ago since I installed an Android app purchased off of HB. Back then, no HB app. I just transferred the APK onto my phone (directly through cable connection from PC to phone), or through the micro SD card. When you install it, a prompt is going to ask if you want to install from unknown source. Ideally, check the option "for this installation only", but otherwise, check it in the OS' settings app, and uncheck that option to install from unknown sources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peegee13 wrote:
Rumbelow wrote:
dale12 wrote:

Humble Bundle provide software for various platforms. They do steam games, mobile games and e-books in various packages. The offers usually last a couple of weeks before changing.

I forgot to add a link to the bundle I mentioned in the original post so I have included it here

As mentioned by klz_fc above, you will have to download the humble bundle app onto your android device to get the games but it is all explained once you receive your email confirming purchase.
I will add that if you're buying games for PC but use OSX or Linux, make sure you check that the games you want will work on those! AFAIK, they've always worked on Windows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Hecht
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Anyone know what the difference is between the mobile, tablet, and HD versions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/231780448

Shows the requirements of each app.

ahecht wrote:
Anyone know what the difference is between the mobile, tablet, and HD versions?

AFAIK, mobile is phone and what folks nickname "phablets".

tablet is typically the larger screened devices. around 8"+. Also, these don't allow you to make calls. They may connect via cellular if you have a tablet that does that, but it's still not a "traditional cell phone".

Don't know about HD. Where are you seeing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.