Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if there was a geeklist or some other resource list or tutorial for Pnp beginners.

Sorry if this has been asked 100 times before, I was having trouble digging one up with various search terms. Most things I found were people showing off their finished products. Maybe some of you have some bookmarked resources.

One of my big questions is: Do people generally print boards themselves, or do you send it to a print shop? I know the latter is probably more expensive, but it may result in a superior quality product.

I have a basic inkjet printer, an Exacto-knife, and minimal creativity/ craft skills. Any golden pearls of wisdom would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
with the addition of spray adhesive and cheap leftover mat board (the cardboard from picture frames) you can make a decent board. The spray glue should be about $6. The board a little more variable, I got my stock from cheap garage sales and similar situations. Try searching for "chipboard" "grey board" or "mat board" and you should find some reasonable options.
That's my suggestion for best bang for least amount of buck. Perhaps adding some tape on the edges to beef them up.

printplaygames.com has the most options in boards as far as I know if your looking for a professional option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davin Nisser
United States
Sonora
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There is a sticky at the top of the DIY forum just for these types of questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PJ Cunningham
United States
Greenfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All the DIY Links You Never Knew You Needed

I usually print boards myself and then either mount or laminate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
mafman6 wrote:
with the addition of spray adhesive and cheap leftover mat board (the cardboard from picture frames) you can make a decent board. The spray glue should be about $6.

I'd recommend full sheet label paper rather than the spray adhesive. Should be cheaper, faster, and safer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HaNd_SoLo wrote:
There is a sticky at the top of the DIY forum just for these types of questions.

Perfect. I had no idea!
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Squidpigge
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kjamma4 wrote:
mafman6 wrote:
with the addition of spray adhesive and cheap leftover mat board (the cardboard from picture frames) you can make a decent board. The spray glue should be about $6.

I'd recommend full sheet label paper rather than the spray adhesive. Should be cheaper, faster, and safer.

That DIY list can be daunting. I'm trying to put something together for PnP'ers that focuses on equipment and materials, and also on beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Being a beginner myself I am relying on input from the veterans to really make the list useful.

Materials and Equipment List and Suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider joining the PNP guild: https://boardgamegeek.com/guild/477
Watch the monthly PNP list, and learn from those doing it: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/216499/what-print-n-play-...
https://boardgamegeek.com/user/Bichatse has several videos on various skill level, How To's. Here is one: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215051/item/4986514#item4...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.